The Student Room Group

Friends

Is it essential to try to fit in a group of friends, which they know each other for how long (like since secondary school) and barely know me that I never had growing up?
Original post by Flave21
Is it essential to try to fit in a group of friends, which they know each other for how long (like since secondary school) and barely know me that I never had growing up?

It is okay. If they have known each other for a while you can still join their friend group.
Reply 2
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
It is okay. If they have known each other for a while you can still join their friend group.

Yeah, but I do fear that they’ll find me boring that I don’t know what I like
Original post by Flave21

Not essential no. If it's taking a lot of effort to try and fit in, that's most likely effort better placed somewhere else.
Friends come and go, so if it doesn't work, I wouldn't take it too personally.
Reply 4
Original post by nm12345
Not essential no. If it's taking a lot of effort to try and fit in, that's most likely effort better placed somewhere else.
Friends come and go, so if it doesn't work, I wouldn't take it too personally.

I appreciate your opinion, however, for me, I wanted to make friends until I grow up and say I’ve experienced being with many friends, like hanging out, doing activities and etc. So I could take it personally if I grew old knowing I never had that.
Original post by Flave21

I joined at a point where I didn't know anyone either, and they had groups. The most important thing is, I have learned, is finding good friends than having a group, as sometimes it tends to fall apart.
Original post by Flave21
Yeah, but I do fear that they’ll find me boring that I don’t know what I like

Hang out with them, if they find you boring then they aren't the friend group for you. You never know until you try.
Reply 7
Trying to move on from being bullied in school and being laughed at behind my back, is what I’m afraid of everytime I tried to join
Original post by Flave21
Trying to move on from being bullied in school and being laughed at behind my back, is what I’m afraid of everytime I tried to join

I know what it is like but when you show people you that you care.They will not stop coming back after you and maybe you can try attending after school classes such as sports or etc to talk to people.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Random_user211
I know what it is like but when you show people you that you care.They will not stop coming back after you and maybe you can try attending after school classes such as sports or etc to talk to people.

I’m in my mid 20s to be honest, although you have a great point of joining classes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Flave21
I’m in my mid 20s to be honest, although you have a great point of joining classes.

Maybe you can go to gym and make friends with people there and maybe change jobs or take a part time job where you can have a change in environment.
Reply 11
Original post by Random_user211
Maybe you can go to gym and make friends with people there and maybe change jobs or take a part time job where you can have a change in environment.

Maybe I’m going to go to University in September
Original post by Flave21
I appreciate your opinion, however, for me, I wanted to make friends until I grow up and say I’ve experienced being with many friends, like hanging out, doing activities and etc. So I could take it personally if I grew old knowing I never had that.

I get what you mean, but I would prefer quality over quantity - like I'd prefer to say 'I spent time with my best friends doing things we love doing' rather than 'I spent lots of time with lots of different friends doing random stuff we kinda liked'
Original post by Flave21

Question one, do u wanna be friends w them? Cuz it sounds to me like ur asking is it essential to be in a group of friends. Cuz u do what u gotta do. Try n chat common interests see a cute guy in schl tell em about it get close to both of them but do be aware one of them will eventually at some point feel threatened that ur stealing their friend away. so just be careful how u step in.
Reply 14
If I made friends from/after the event and ask them to hang out and decided they’re busy, any chance that they’re saying it as an excuse and don’t wanna hang out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending