The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Eating on East?

I got a conditional offer from York, and am looking at staying in East (Anne and David Kato) after looking through all the accommodation and for the Spa and Sauna at the East Sport Village. The only downside is that it isn't catered.

I could get the Meals in Advanced deal (do I get a discount since I already get a weekly meal?), but my fear is that none of my friends or people from my hall will be there, and I will just be eating alone? Is there alot of people that use meals in advanced on East so I won't be alone?

Moreover, if I was to just pay for individual dinners in the Piazza Restaurant how much would they cost?

I don't care for breakfast since I am never hungry in the morning anyway so going full catered could be a waste.

Thanks in advanced!
Original post by Arconik
I got a conditional offer from York, and am looking at staying in East (Anne and David Kato) after looking through all the accommodation and for the Spa and Sauna at the East Sport Village. The only downside is that it isn't catered.

I could get the Meals in Advanced deal (do I get a discount since I already get a weekly meal?), but my fear is that none of my friends or people from my hall will be there, and I will just be eating alone? Is there alot of people that use meals in advanced on East so I won't be alone?

Moreover, if I was to just pay for individual dinners in the Piazza Restaurant how much would they cost?

I don't care for breakfast since I am never hungry in the morning anyway so going full catered could be a waste.

Thanks in advanced!

Can you not cook?
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by aj_11_04
Can you not cook?

I could. But then you have to think about worrying about what I'm having for dinner, getting a spot to cook it then wash up each day when I could get all that done on weekdays for me with catered.

All my teachers and family etc. Also say that I should make best use of having somewhat cheap food cooked for me as much as I can.

The only pro of cooking is controlling my macros for the gym and to save money in my opinion
Reply 3
Anyone know about the base questions?

1. Is there alot of people that use meals in advanced on East?
2. How much does one dinner in the Piazza Restaurant cost if you can buy it?
Original post by Arconik
Anyone know about the base questioHi there!
1. Is there alot of people that use meals in advanced on East?
2. How much does one dinner in the Piazza Restaurant cost if you can buy it?

Hi there!

Congratulations on your offer to study at York!

1. I'm afraid I can't answer how many people use the Meals in Advance card on Campus East - I would suspect it isn't very many as breakfast is only served at outlets on Campus West, so this could put people off getting the card. If you aren't interested in eating breakfast, then perhaps the dinner only deal would be a good option for you? You could try this for the first term, and always give it a miss for the later terms if you find it isn't for you.

2. A meal at one of our catering outlets (Piazza included) costs between £5.85 and £6.90, depending on what you have.

I hope that helps - Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending