The Student Room Group

Should I just accept it now?

I've got back two offers from my top 1, 2 and 3 choices. Should I just remove the others and accept so i can get accommodation sorted etc..
Reply 1
Original post by Rhysg123
I've got back two offers from my top 1, 2 and 3 choices. Should I just remove the others and accept so i can get accommodation sorted etc..

My son did this. He got 4/5 offers and withdrew from fifth to be able to sort accom out etc.. people tell you not to but it’s up to yourself. But be sure that you have the choices you want first.
What are the offers and which are you waiting for? Which course?
Reply 3

I’m not going to say you should or you shouldn’t because only you know how sure you are of your choices, but before you do withdraw from your remaining universities just check that the accommodation portals are open for the schools you want to firm and insure. Many don’t open until all offers have been distributed and it’s not on a first come first served. Others do open now and although they guarantee accommodation for all first year students, the later you leave it, the less choice you will have. BUT, and this is important ! If you sign an accommodation contract and then want to change your mind, you are tied in. Is it worth taking the risk? Think hard about how sure you are of your choices. There is still plenty of time and rushing in often causes problems later.
But at the end of the day it’s your decision.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
What are the offers and which are you waiting for? Which course?

My offers are:
Digital Marketing (LeedsBeckett)
PR (also LB)
International Esports Business & Digital Marketing (College of Esports)

Waiting for:
Marketing (Newcastle)
Marketing (HullUni)

Yes i did two at Leeds Beckett, just in case....
Reply 5
Original post by Euapp
I’m not going to say you should or you shouldn’t because only you know how sure you are of your choices, but before you do withdraw from your remaining universities just check that the accommodation portals are open for the schools you want to firm and insure. Many don’t open until all offers have been distributed and it’s not on a first come first served. Others do open now and although they guarantee accommodation for all first year students, the later you leave it, the less choice you will have. BUT, and this is important ! If you sign an accommodation contract and then want to change your mind, you are tied in. Is it worth taking the risk? Think hard about how sure you are of your choices. There is still plenty of time and rushing in often causes problems later.
But at the end of the day it’s your decision.

Thank you for the great advice!
(edited 1 year ago)
You really like Leeds I guess?!!!

Why not hang on for Newcastle to see how that works out? It’s a great place to study.
Unless you are looking at private accommodation it should not make much difference when you accept.

Hi @Rhysg123,

Congratulations on your offers!

Personally, I only accepted my university offers when I had made completely sure that I was happy with my choice. I looked at the course, location, accommodation, nightlife etc. If you feel you are ready then you can accept your offer whenever you'd like to. Just make sure to think about it as it's a big decision.

At Lancaster, all first years who choose the uni as a firm choice are guaranteed a room on campus if they apply for it before the deadline. This means that it didn't matter when you accepted the offer. You could see if your university does the same thing?

Good luck with everything

-Beth :smile:
(Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending