The Student Room Group

i need alevel maths but i am horrible at maths

right now i am studying BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Computing and then i will be going onto the extended diploma next year.
i am completely in love with computer science, i am by far the best in my class and are predicted D*D*D from my tutors, just off coursework, i work in computing, i have a job working with pcs and i am currently doing a cyber security cisco course. now my problem is, is that i really want to go to uni, and a good one. but most computer science courses require a-level maths. i have never ever been good at maths, i only got a 4 at GCSEs, and even with a foundation year most unis wont even accept me because of my b-tech and low GCSEs grade. should i just resit my GCSEs maths, i know i could do better as i had a lot going on at the time, but then even with a good GCSEs grade, unis want an engineering btec for the foundation year. so should i just drop out
Reply 1
Original post by Fudge_1253
right now i am studying BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma in Computing and then i will be going onto the extended diploma next year.
i am completely in love with computer science, i am by far the best in my class and are predicted D*D*D from my tutors, just off coursework, i work in computing, i have a job working with pcs and i am currently doing a cyber security cisco course. now my problem is, is that i really want to go to uni, and a good one. but most computer science courses require a-level maths. i have never ever been good at maths, i only got a 4 at GCSEs, and even with a foundation year most unis wont even accept me because of my b-tech and low GCSEs grade. should i just resit my GCSEs maths, i know i could do better as i had a lot going on at the time, but then even with a good GCSEs grade, unis want an engineering btec for the foundation year. so should i just drop out

Computer Science at the universities you want to go to are applied mathematics courses. If you have never been good at maths, you'll find going to those universities a misery. Stick with universities which offer a more practical course i.e. those that will accept you without an A-level in maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Fudge_1253

I'd look at a degree apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending