The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, I have recently received an email from sfe to send payslips to prove that am still in employment. my status is pre settled and the payslips I have been sending in my first year as prove were my partners payslips. Am now in second year but I just recently started a job myself this January 2024. I have sent my own payslips to sfe but they sent another email indicating I need proof of contract from my current employer and p45 from previous employer which is my partners work p45. Am able to provide my own contract but unfortunately am not able to provide my spouse p45 due to circumstances beyond my control. What should I do continue receiving maintenance loan?
Original post by Yama05
Hi, I have recently received an email from sfe to send payslips to prove that am still in employment. my status is pre settled and the payslips I have been sending in my first year as prove were my partners payslips. Am now in second year but I just recently started a job myself this January 2024. I have sent my own payslips to sfe but they sent another email indicating I need proof of contract from my current employer and p45 from previous employer which is my partners work p45. Am able to provide my own contract but unfortunately am not able to provide my spouse p45 due to circumstances beyond my control. What should I do continue receiving maintenance loan?

Hi Yama,

We can accept a letter from their employment confirming the end date of the employment. It's so the assessors can determine the end of their employment and beginning of yours. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason

Hi Yama,

We can accept a letter from their employment confirming the end date of the employment. It's so the assessors can determine the end of their employment and beginning of yours. Thanks, Jason

Hi, what if am not able to get that letter from him? What should I do
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason

Hi Yama,

Also if my status is still pre settle but me and my partner are not leaving in the same address now, will that affect my student finance eligibility?
Original post by Yama05
Also if my status is still pre settle but me and my partner are not leaving in the same address now, will that affect my student finance eligibility?

Hi Yama,

Just to confirm were you previously applying as a Migrant Worker based on your partner working? If so, we'll need evidence to determine the end date of this employment. And regarding your address, has your marital status changed? Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Hi, yes I was applying as migrant worker based on my partners status, I still live in the same address and my marital status hasn’t changed but due to my partner not around am not able to get his p45.
Original post by Yama05
Hi, yes I was applying as migrant worker based on my partners status, I still live in the same address and my marital status hasn’t changed but due to my partner not around am not able to get his p45.

Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying - in this case we'd recommend asking HMRC for a Statement of Earnings covering the period in question: we can accept this instead of a P45.

Once you have this please upload it to your account and the Migrant Worker team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 7
Hi okay I will try to contact HMRC today. Also just a genuine question, if me and partner happen to not be together in future while I’m studying, how is that going affect my sfe as pre-settled?
Hi there,

As long as you continue to work then there should be no issue if you are partner are no longer together. I would advise you to complete the Martial Status Declaration form and this can be uploaded from your online account with the evidence requested on the form if you are no longer together. You can get this form from the Gov.UK website.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 9
Hi, regarding my previous post about me and partner not living together. Partner is back to live with me and is now back in employment. However I have already uploaded the marital declaration form on my Sfe account, stating not living with partner since November. What should I do now that we back living together?
Hi Yama05,

If you are back together with your partner I would advise completing and uploading a pff2 form with a cover letter to advise our assessors of the change

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending