The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KAAS Personal statement - Kings College London

Hello, I'm applying for KAAS and am trying to write my personal statement however I'm not too sure where to start. There isn't very much information on what to include and don't want to sound as if I'm pitying myself. Any advice from anyone who has applied or is also applying would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Hiya, I applied for KAAS and got the accommodation for this year. I would say just be honest about your circumstances, if you are from a low income background or have a lack of financial support to pay the regular rent prices etc. or any other hardships. They will not judge you, this is what the scheme is for. Good luck! :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by fluffyfig
Hiya, I applied for KAAS and got the accommodation for this year. I would say just be honest about your circumstances, if you are from a low income background or have a lack of financial support to pay the regular rent prices etc. or any other hardships. They will not judge you, this is what the scheme is for. Good luck! :smile:

Thankyou! May I ask when you applied because I am also a little confused about the application process. I believe you apply when you register for accommodation and this doesn’t open until March. But I could be wrong :smile:
Original post by saunkati
Thankyou! May I ask when you applied because I am also a little confused about the application process. I believe you apply when you register for accommodation and this doesn’t open until March. But I could be wrong :smile:

Hiya, sorry for the late reply! I remember sending off my application early April and got accepted for KAAS shortly afterwards, although I didn't get access to the portal straight away. It was a bit chaotic last year actually trying to book accomodation tbh as the portal kept going down. This year the portal is opening March 15th so I would suggest definitely writing up the personal statement now and then sending it off as soon as you have access. I left it a bit too late and ended up in halls I didn't want to be in because they were the only rooms left :/
Original post by saunkati
Hello, I'm applying for KAAS and am trying to write my personal statement however I'm not too sure where to start. There isn't very much information on what to include and don't want to sound as if I'm pitying myself. Any advice from anyone who has applied or is also applying would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi, how many words/ characters is the personal statement, writing mine now!
Original post by Ediewardí
Hi, how many words/ characters is the personal statement, writing mine now!

2000 characters
hi, i am applying to KAAS now. do they usually accept international students? and can we choose which halls we want to live in?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chongiezz
hi, i am applying to KAAS now. do they usually accept international students? and can we choose which halls we want to live in?

Hi, I am international and they accepted my application twice now. Just be honest about the circumstances and you should be good!
Once you get selected and are registered to apply for accom you can see which halls are available and choose from them. good luck hope you get it!
hey, Ive also applied to kaas. I just wanted to ask how long after did you get a reply from them?
Original post by zahra.wali
Hi, I am international and they accepted my application twice now. Just be honest about the circumstances and you should be good!
Once you get selected and are registered to apply for accom you can see which halls are available and choose from them. good luck hope you get it!

What do I need to do as an international student to get accepted?

Quick Reply

Latest