The Student Room Group

I’m so lost

This is kinda a vent sorry
I just feel like I’m going nowhere in life you know? Everything I do I fail at atm and I have exams in may. People irritate me for no reason, I procrastinate the lot goes on. I have family drama going on. Idk what to do can someone help?
Original post by Anonymous
I just feel like I’m going nowhere in life you know? Everything I do I fail at atm and I have exams in may. People irritate me for no reason, I procrastinate the lot goes on. I have family drama going on. Idk what to do can someone help?

See a counsellor

Obviously something in your personal life is affecting your ability to study. Without knowing what it is, it's difficult to say.
With the exams, all I can say is to do as many past papers as you can at this point - reflect on the mark scheme and look into revision guides for things that draw a blank for you.

I don't know what you specifically mean by you feel like you're going nowhere in life. You will need to elaborate more and be a lot more specific regarding this.

I’m going through the same thing 😭 so many problems and my a levels are in June!! We can talk if it makes you feel better
I was there last year. Ik it’s really hard to emotionally regulate in this situation but if you don’t already, exercise intensely. Run until you physically can’t anymore. It makes you feel refreshed.
Then drill on your A-levels.

Afterwards, if it’s feasible, take a gap year. It does wonders.

Good luck
I’m going through the same thing 😭 so many problems and my a levels are in June!! We can talk if it makes you feel better

Hey! I’m sorry to hear that, A levels are stressful 😭 what a levels are u doing?
I was there last year. Ik it’s really hard to emotionally regulate in this situation but if you don’t already, exercise intensely. Run until you physically can’t anymore. It makes you feel refreshed.
Then drill on your A-levels.

Afterwards, if it’s feasible, take a gap year. It does wonders.

Good luck

Hey thank u so much! 😁 running isn’t for me haha but I do cycle and have been increasing my distances. You’re right exercise does help!
Update : I am currently less stressed than I was two months ago and I think I do more revision with less procrastination now. If anyones going through the same thing just hang in there it gets easier each day! Like someone said before, exercise is good 😊 I’m here if anyone needs to talk :smile:)
Hey! I’m sorry to hear that, A levels are stressful 😭 what a levels are u doing?

A levels: Biology, chemistry, maths

Guys i am doing the same A levels. Its hard to have motivation

Nice! I’m doing biology chemistry and philosophy 😭
Guys i am doing the same A levels. Its hard to have motivation

We only have a little bit left, we’ve made this far let’s do a final push and then we can be free after June 23 😅
Have you guys all applied for med? Best of luck for your A-levels btw! Also OP I’m glad you’re doing better :smile: it really does get better
I’m currently in year 12 and I feel the exact same way. I feel like I was so much more motivated for GCSEs than I am right now for A-Levels and I do Bio, Chem and Maths as well and I want to do Medicine but it feels like my whole world is crashing down and nothing is going right. I was so disciplined and motivated during GCSEs and I would wake up on time and get all my work done then relax for the rest of the evening but now I can’t even seem to get out of bed when it matters the most. I honestly don’t even know what to do anymore and I’m honestly just fed up at this point.

Give yourself time to feel. It’s ok to feel like **** sometimes. It means you’re not accepting your current situation and want better for yourself. What helps me is to write down a list of what I want, then think of how to get it. I actually have a moodboard as the background of my phone that reminds me of the things I want to achieve. I am careful of the information I fill my mind with through social media/tiktok as that can make things worst emotionally. I also make sure I keep a balance of pleasure/duty. It’s not realistic to give yourself a million things to do, it can only lead to burnout. I have also realised I am more of a morning person so I study better in the morning than evening.
Have you guys all applied for med? Best of luck for your A-levels btw! Also OP I’m glad you’re doing better :smile: it really does get better

I have applied to med but got rejected because of my poor UCAT score i got 2470. Currently, I am just focusing on doing well on my a levels and getting good grades. I am doing a gap year and applying again. Good luck guys. I hope everything works out for everyone in the end :smile:
Give yourself time to feel. It’s ok to feel like **** sometimes. It means you’re not accepting your current situation and want better for yourself. What helps me is to write down a list of what I want, then think of how to get it. I actually have a moodboard as the background of my phone that reminds me of the things I want to achieve. I am careful of the information I fill my mind with through social media/tiktok as that can make things worst emotionally. I also make sure I keep a balance of pleasure/duty. It’s not realistic to give yourself a million things to do, it can only lead to burnout. I have also realised I am more of a morning person so I study better in the morning than evening.

Hey! Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it :smile: I think I’m going to make a mood board to help with motivation!!
I’m currently in year 12 and I feel the exact same way. I feel like I was so much more motivated for GCSEs than I am right now for A-Levels and I do Bio, Chem and Maths as well and I want to do Medicine but it feels like my whole world is crashing down and nothing is going right. I was so disciplined and motivated during GCSEs and I would wake up on time and get all my work done then relax for the rest of the evening but now I can’t even seem to get out of bed when it matters the most. I honestly don’t even know what to do anymore and I’m honestly just fed up at this point.

Hey, I’m sorry u feel like that. I think it’s important to remember to give urself a break. Maybe schedule a couple of rest days this holiday to prevent a burnout. And by rest days try to do the things u enjoy without thinking about a levels (hard ik) One thing which I have learnt from year 13 so far is that when u get to exams you should be at peak performance. This means you have to take it slow and steady on the build up of exams and gradually increase ur work. Since ur in year 12 I’d recommend taking it a pace where ur not burnt out. I hope this helps, if u have any questions about year 12/13 just ask or if u need to vent a bit more ur also welcome to do so :smile:
Reply 17
Omg guys exams are around the corner and I am soooo stressed. I just had an argument with my parents over petty things, I can’t focus and I feel guilty for not studying. Exercise doesn’t help, nothing helps. Ahhh any advice, I’m so lost 😭😭
Reply 18
Omg guys exams are around the corner and I am soooo stressed. I just had an argument with my parents over petty things, I can’t focus and I feel guilty for not studying. Exercise doesn’t help, nothing helps. Ahhh any advice, I’m so lost 😭😭

Taking a gap year and dealing/fixing other things for a while might help. See a counsellor, there is nothing wrong with that. Also you can meanwhile get a job and earn to afford a psychologist. They help sorting things out and lessen stress, not always medication, so there is nothing to be afraid of on this term, they are there to help after all.

Quick Reply

Latest