The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Economics & Management 2023 Applicants

Hey everyone, this thread is for anyone who applied to KCL for E&M or any other related course!

Feel free to share your A Level subjects (& predicted grades), when you submitted your application and which other unis you are applying to :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Ayy. I applied for E&M as well at Oxford, LSE, UCL, and Andrews (holding offer). I achieved 42/45 in the IB.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi for lse, ucl, andrews did u apply for pure econ or pure management? Do they also have an econ management combined degree?
Original post by 57gooseberries
Ayy. I applied for E&M as well at Oxford, LSE, UCL, and Andrews (holding offer). I achieved 42/45 in the IB.

Hey what course did u apply to at ucl, andrews and lse. Like a pure econ, pure management. Or do they have a joint one too. Can u pls share me the details
Yeah so ucl has Econ with business and east European studies. For LSE I chose international public and social policy with Econ (basically pure Econ)

Cool! Are you applying from the UK?
Reply 6
Original post by econgirrrl
Hey everyone, this thread is for anyone who applied to KCL for E&M or any other related course!

Feel free to share your A Level subjects (& predicted grades), when you submitted your application and which other unis you are applying to :smile:

Heyy, i applied for economics at KCL, and at Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Loughborough. And I'm predicted three A*s
Cool! Are you applying from the UK?

no, Europe. Have you received any offers yet?
Original post by M1_Z
Heyy, i applied for economics at KCL, and at Oxford, Leeds, Bristol and Loughborough. And I'm predicted three A*s

Nice choices! How did you find the TSA today?
no, Europe. Have you received any offers yet?

Yup, from Queen Mary. Hbu?
Reply 10
Nice choices! How did you find the TSA today?

It felt alright uno, not great but not bad. My time management was immaculate and was able to answer everything but I still like I lost very cheap marks across the paper.
Yup, from Queen Mary. Hbu?

St. Andrews and in Australia from ANU and Queensland. I'm really liking Andrews I think if UCL LSE or Oxford I'd reconsider.
Original post by anonymousxis
Hi for lse, ucl, andrews did u apply for pure econ or pure management? Do they also have an econ management combined degree?

Yeah so ucl has Econ with business and east European studies. For LSE I chose international public and social policy with Econ (basically pure Econ)

What abt andrews
Original post by anonymousxis
What abt andrews

E&M

I applied to KCL , Loughborough , Bristol and southampton for E&M and then just LSE for econ but i'm quite scared about that choice , i've seen people on here already rejected for BSc in economics at LSE sooo idk
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to KCL , Loughborough , Bristol and southampton for E&M and then just LSE for econ but i'm quite scared about that choice , i've seen people on here already rejected for BSc in economics at LSE sooo idk

Right now I've got offers for Econ at Lboro and bristol and am waiting on KCL, Leeds and Oxford
Original post by M1_Z
Right now I've got offers for Econ at Lboro and bristol and am waiting on KCL, Leeds and Oxford

That's awesome , Lboro had my application pending till i sent in my fee status questionnaire and Bristol literally sent me an 'on hold' email today
How come you didn't apply to LSE since you have plans to do straight econ
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
That's awesome , Lboro had my application pending till i sent in my fee status questionnaire and Bristol literally sent me an 'on hold' email today
How come you didn't apply to LSE since you have plans to do straight econ

I want out of London, even tho the best are in London but. And since London wasn't really a priority I chose KCL. And LSE or UCL didn't convince me in terms of Uni experience. I liked Warwick but I need to factor in anything could happen on exams day so I tried not to be overly aspirational
Original post by M1_Z

how long after u applied did you get an offer from lboro? im applying there for econ aswell and what were ur predicted grades if u dont mind me asking
Original post by M1_Z
I want out of London, even tho the best are in London but. And since London wasn't really a priority I chose KCL. And LSE or UCL didn't convince me in terms of Uni experience. I liked Warwick but I need to factor in anything could happen on exams day so I tried not to be overly aspirational

fair enough i got an offer for E&M from Lboro yesterday

Quick Reply

Latest