The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Offers

How long does it take for aberdeen to send offers or even rejections, i applied in december and i haven’t heard anything. how does offers work do they come in waves or batches because i know people who have heard back for psychology and i haven’t. is it likely i’m not hearing back or getting an offer now?
Original post by Fph12
How long does it take for aberdeen to send offers or even rejections, i applied in december and i haven’t heard anything. how does offers work do they come in waves or batches because i know people who have heard back for psychology and i haven’t. is it likely i’m not hearing back or getting an offer now?

Two questions:

1. You say, "i know people who have heard back for psychology". Did those people also apply to Aberdeen? If they didn't, it's irrelevant.

2. If they did apply for the same course at the same uni as you, did they apply on the same date and are they the same "type" of candidate? By that, I mean contextual vs. standard, predicted grades vs. achieved grades, applying for deferred entry or not, etc. It could well be that the uni are handling different types of application differently (with regards to timing).

If you take a look at the official Aberdeen 2023 Applicants thread here, you see that several people have received offers from that uni, including one for Psychology and Counselling (although I didn't notice anyone mention a straight Psychology offer).

Remember that unis have until 18th May to make a decision for those applications received by 25th January.

Don't get me wrong, I fully accept that the wait is horrible. But having to wait longer than others doesn't mean it's going to be bad news.

Good luck. :crossedf:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending