The Student Room Group

ChatGPT for my essay.

Has anyone here used AI to write uni essays? If so did u get caught? Did u get away with it? And what grade did you get? I'm interested to know how this area if cheating is developing.

Post anon if u want

(Me, personally I would never do such a thing).
Original post by Dnsnnssn
Has anyone here used AI to write uni essays? If so did u get caught? Did u get away with it? And what grade did you get? I'm interested to know how this area if cheating is developing.

Post anon if u want

No, just no to anyone considering it. The risk is too high.

(There's also no option to post anonymous in this section)

Post anon if u want

How would you ensure that the AI wrote in your style? If anyone (teacher / lecturer) is used to the way you write, they'd easily spot when something wasn't written by you.
Original post by DataVenia
How would you ensure that the AI wrote in your style? If anyone (teacher / lecturer) is used to the way you write, they'd easily spot when something wasn't written by you.

Exactly my thoughts. Especially when my style is quite distinctive, lmao.
Original post by DataVenia

And they can also tell anyway.
No, never. I want to earn my degree myself. I'd never be proud of myself at all if I cheated - part of why I want a degree is to feel as though I'm capable of achieving something, to feel worthwhile.
Reply 6
Original post by iL1L
And they can also tell anyway.

How can they tell anyway. I just got it to write a scientific essay. It was well written. No mistakes

(Let me be clear, I didn't submit this essay)
(edited 1 year ago)

Post anon if u want

hello, it is useful
I’d get it to answer and then steal any key points I didn’t think of but not word for word though
Reply 9
We already have tools to check it. As quickly as ChatGPT is developing, so are the safeguards.
Reply 10
Original post by yeet_21
I’d get it to answer and then steal any key points I didn’t think of but not word for word though

Oh that's might be a good idea.
Reply 11
Indeed, no AI will be able to replicate your style of essay writing. And any of your previous teachers will confirm it right away. Moreover, I think that all modern universities have methods to prevent total essay forgery with the help of AI. On the other hand, there are many other tools to write a great essay. For example, there are many assistant software programs. They will help you train your own style and correct all your mistakes.

Quick Reply

Latest