The Student Room Group

A-Levels

I'm studying 9 GCSEs and plan to do 3 A Levels. Could anyone give an approximate comparison on what the full workload would be like?
(if relevant my GCSEs are Maths, English, Further Maths, Programming, Spanish, Triple award science, Business Studies,
My intended A Levels are Business Studies, Maths, Physics)
well alot i do bio chem and english so non of what you want to do but i have friends who do what you wanna do and its alot of work but doable as long as your consistant and study as STEM subjects can very time consuming but since your doing maths and physics its not as content heavy but still quite alot but more difficult to understand. so just revisit everything once in a while like every week or so so yout dont forget
A general misconception people have is that they seem to think that because they did 9 GCSEs, doing 3 A-levels would be easy. To put it bluntly, no. A-levels go into much more depth and it gets increasingly difficult in every aspect. It’s pretty much the same workload as doing the same or more than 9 GCSES with the added fact that it’s harder.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
A general misconception people have is that they seem to think that because they did 9 GCSEs, doing 3 A-levels would be easy. To put it bluntly, no. A-levels go into much more depth and it gets increasingly difficult in every aspect. It’s pretty much the same workload as doing the same or more than 9 GCSES with the added fact that it’s harder.

I know it's harder, which is why I'm kinda worried about it lol
Original post by Shermend Lakk
I'm studying 9 GCSEs and plan to do 3 A Levels. Could anyone give an approximate comparison on what the full workload would be like?
(if relevant my GCSEs are Maths, English, Further Maths, Programming, Spanish, Triple award science, Business Studies,
My intended A Levels are Business Studies, Maths, Physics)

Heya!
These look like good alvls :h: Don't worry, the school won't throw all the hard material at you immediately, they'll slowly introduce you to everything. A-levels generally go more into depth on the content and require more detailed answers when answering questions, but don't worry. You will be taught how to answer the questions properly! If it helps, you can check out what sort of stuff you'll be expected to do by looking at some past papers, use Study mind for that!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest