The Student Room Group

Frontline 2023 - Late Applications

Hi, I applied quite late to the Frontline Programme (applications reopened on 14th Feb) and was accepted onto the assessment centre stage today. I’m currently awaiting further details around the time/date of the next assessment centre and was wondering whether anyone else is in the same boat as me?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

What university have you applied for?
Reply 2
Hi Kirsty, Frontline is a 2 year graduate programme (masters degree) for people wanting to become a Social Worker.
Reply 3
Hi, I also applied recently and was accepted to the next stage, assessment centre... still waiting for further details.... have you heard back from them?
Reply 4
Hi Mev, yes I heard back after approximately 2 weeks of waiting - I have the assessment centre scheduled for next week! Have you received any dates yet?
Original post by Mev385
Hi, I also applied recently and was accepted to the next stage, assessment centre... still waiting for further details.... have you heard back from them?
Reply 5
Oh that's great.. no I haven't heard anything yet... Will it be at a centre or online?
Reply 6
Don't worry, you will hear from them soon! It takes place online, lasts approx. 5 hours and you'll get to pick between a morning or afternoon slot. I'm doing it in the morning as my kids will be at school!
Reply 7
Original post by Helzuki
Don't worry, you will hear from them soon! It takes place online, lasts approx. 5 hours and you'll get to pick between a morning or afternoon slot. I'm doing it in the morning as my kids will be at school!

Oh perfect. I think I'll do the same. Wow 5 hours will be intense... Good luck x
Hey, I've passed my combined online assessment and needed to upload my eligibility documents in order to be invited to the assessment centre. I did that about a week ago but have yet to hear anything about the assessment centre... Do I need to do anything else!?
Reply 9
Original post by orangecrateart
Hey, I've passed my combined online assessment and needed to upload my eligibility documents in order to be invited to the assessment centre. I did that about a week ago but have yet to hear anything about the assessment centre... Do I need to do anything else!?

No they take at least 2 weeks to respond. I just got my email today to book a slot today. I was getting worried too 😅
Reply 10
Original post by Mev385
No they take at least 2 weeks to respond. I just got my email today to book a slot today. I was getting worried too 😅

Omg, I’m so happy for you! Good luck!!! I had my assessment centre on Tuesday, so keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed now… Can’t stop checking my emails!! X
(edited 1 year ago)
Is assessment centre in-person or digital? How does it all work!?

Original post by Helzuki
Omg, I’m so happy for you! Good luck!!! I had my assessment centre on Tuesday, so keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed now… Can’t stop checking my emails!! X
Reply 12
Original post by Helzuki

Thank you. I'm gna start preparing now. How was your experience? I've heard it's quite gruelling. Good luck and I hope they don't take long to get back to u x
Reply 13
Original post by orangecrateart
Is assessment centre in-person or digital? How does it all work!?

It’s online and you get to choose between an AM slot or PM slot. There are 5 activities altogether - a group exercise, written exercise, role play, interview and discussion with a CEP (care experience person). The main thing is to just be yourself and to try and think about the competencies when answering questions :-)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Mev385
Thank you. I'm gna start preparing now. How was your experience? I've heard it's quite gruelling. Good luck and I hope they don't take long to get back to u x

It was intense but wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part was when my internet decided to give way during my interview, but luckily I was up and running again after 5 mins… I feel it went well - only time will tell! Good luck! X
Hi :smile: I’m in the same position. I was accepted onto the assessment centre a week ago and still waiting for dates so I can book on to one. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 16
Original post by Kat9009
Hi :smile: I’m in the same position. I was accepted onto the assessment centre a week ago and still waiting for dates so I can book on to one. Have you heard back yet?

I waited approximately 2 weeks for my date :-)
Reply 17
Good news everyone - I received a conditional offer today!!
Reply 18
Original post by Kat9009

I was accepted onto the assessment centre 2 weeks ago today and am still waiting (impatiently haha!). Hopefully it's not too long now xx
Hi everyone. I've contacted Frontline, still waiting for a response but wanted to hear your pov/experience. I don't have a driving license, but I'm in the process of learning to drive and hope to have my license by September. It doesn't state on the eligibility requirements that you need a license, but on the application form it does! Have any of you not got your license? Do you reckon I can still apply? Taking my driving test in August/September.. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest