The Student Room Group

International Medical University - Consequences for Failing Semester 1

Hi, I am currently enrolled in the MBBS course of IMU and have just received my grades for CA3, and i would like to know what my consequences will be if I fail 2/3 of the CAs.
I am so sorry it's not related to your question but are you a student of IMU Malaysia? If so, I applied for this September intake in January and initially they said the interview schedule is not yet fixed. But it's been a month without anything so I sent an email last week of when the interview is possibly gonna be but there's no reply. Does this mean I'm just rejected? When does IMU normally contact you for the interview after applying? I'm so confused and I'm scared to email them again cause they didn't reply...
Original post by Anonymous
I am so sorry it's not related to your question but are you a student of IMU Malaysia? If so, I applied for this September intake in January and initially they said the interview schedule is not yet fixed. But it's been a month without anything so I sent an email last week of when the interview is possibly gonna be but there's no reply. Does this mean I'm just rejected? When does IMU normally contact you for the interview after applying? I'm so confused and I'm scared to email them again cause they didn't reply...

Hi!! yes im an IMU student, don't worry about them not replying as I didn't get an email for scheduling the interview until April. If you really must, you can send an email to admissions asking them about your application status, to which they might reply within 3 business days (they will try their best to reply to all your questions, so feel free to type up an email to them). If you do get an interview offer, they will send you a pdf listing out the interview dates and you can choose one that is the most convenient for you (its normally on Thursdays). I would say to just sit back and wait, and I wish you the best of luck =)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi!! yes im an IMU student, don't worry about them not replying as I didn't get an email for scheduling the interview until April. If you really must, you can send an email to admissions asking them about your application status, to which they might reply within 3 business days (they will try their best to reply to all your questions, so feel free to type up an email to them). If you do get an interview offer, they will send you a pdf listing out the interview dates and you can choose one that is the most convenient for you (its normally on Thursdays). I would say to just sit back and wait, and I wish you the best of luck =)

Oh my god thank you so so much for your reply. I've never talked to any IMU students so I was kinda desperate for information. I'll try to wait patiently until April then:smile: Wish all the best for you!!
Hello. best of luck to everyone applying to universities this year!!
Say a person got in an university in Uk and even in a malaysia based partnered university route, which one is more credited by the industry?
Reply 5
Basically, I got my offer letter and considering the potential risks, like are the studies really hard? Are the exams very hard to crack? and after matching is there a possibility that I might be able to shift due to visa-related problems?
Original post by Anonymous #2

Oh my god thank you so so much for your reply. I've never talked to any IMU students so I was kinda desperate for information. I'll try to wait patiently until April then:smile: Wish all the best for you!!

Hi!! How was your interview? Are you in?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hello. best of luck to everyone applying to universities this year!!
Say a person got in an university in Uk and even in a malaysia based partnered university route, which one is more credited by the industry?

Have yet to meet someone who's done a credit transfer, but British degrees are preferred in the industry, luckily all of IMUs partners are really good unis (which means you're paying a lot compared to IMU for your final year/ 2 years).
Original post by Ruru33
Basically, I got my offer letter and considering the potential risks, like are the studies really hard? Are the exams very hard to crack? and after matching is there a possibility that I might be able to shift due to visa-related problems?

Is this for IMU? Sem exams are so-so, I suck at math so I have to redo the maths module sadly. Visa stuff depends on how lucky you are but it's done within 3-4 months.
Original post by Ruru33
Hey! Saw you on another question asking for offer letter. Glad you got accepted! Mine is also coming up and I’m so scared for the interview. How did you prepare for it?
Original post by unlucky_charm
Hey! Saw you on another question asking for offer letter. Glad you got accepted! Mine is also coming up and I’m so scared for the interview. How did you prepare for it?

Hi did you do your interview ? I did mine like two weeks ago still havent got a response. Btw u appllied for the sep intake right ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending