The Student Room Group

Am I able to be considered for acceptance into these universities?

I am currently applying for international undergraduate studies in the UK. I've looked into some universities, and narrowed down my options to just 2 that I really wanted to get into. Those two universities are University of Glasgow & University of Southampton.

I did some research regarding their acceptance rates and both are having quite high percentages (This is the reason why I chose both of these universities). The course that I have in mind is Software Engineering for both universities. But, what made me sceptical is that I don't really think I can get in despite the high acceptance rates due to my foundation results (I have finished my foundation studies).

I took a year of foundation (2 semesters) with the subjects mainly focuses on science subjects. My results are as follows:

(SEMESTER 1)
- Biology 1 (A- = 3.67)
- Chemistry 1 (B = 3.00)
- Physics 1 (B+ = 3.33)
- Mathematics/Advance Math 1 (C+ = 2.33)
- English 1 (A = 4.00)
- Information Technology / electives (A = 4.00)

(SEMESTER 2 - i did a lot better :biggrin:)
- Biology 2 (A = 4.00)
- Chemistry 2 (B- = 2.67)
- Physics 2 (A- = 3.67)
- Mathematics/Advance Math 2 (B+ = 3.33)
- English 2 (A = 4.00)
- Analytical Thinking Skills / electives (A = 4.00)

My institute grading system counts A/A+ as the same grade and graded with a 4.00. These results added up into my final GPA which rounds up to 3.47 overall. I don't know if it is fine for me to share my results publicly, but do you think I have a chance for these universities? What do you think about scholarships? Is there anything or insights that can help me? I really hope I can get into one of these universities.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Why don't you ring up the universities in question and ask? They will be able to give you the information you seek. And if they say no, plenty of other universities will accept you on a lower offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending