The Student Room Group

Glasgow or Edinburgh for biological sciences/zoology

I've received unconditional offers from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, for Zoology at Glasgow and Biological Sciences at Edinburgh. I'm really struggling to choose between them. I prefer the city of Glasgow, though I don't have much experience with either. I applied for zoology at Glasgow because it was vaguely the topic I liked most, I like animals and zoology topics that have been covered at advanced higher, and working in conservation and research related to animals interests me. I'm worried though that if I choose Glasgow I will be stuck in zoology with no room to change if it's not quite what I want. Which school is better to choose for biological sciences/zoology and what is studying either of these subjects like at these schools???
Original post by Spiraljester
I've received unconditional offers from both Glasgow and Edinburgh, for Zoology at Glasgow and Biological Sciences at Edinburgh. I'm really struggling to choose between them. I prefer the city of Glasgow, though I don't have much experience with either. I applied for zoology at Glasgow because it was vaguely the topic I liked most, I like animals and zoology topics that have been covered at advanced higher, and working in conservation and research related to animals interests me. I'm worried though that if I choose Glasgow I will be stuck in zoology with no room to change if it's not quite what I want. Which school is better to choose for biological sciences/zoology and what is studying either of these subjects like at these schools???

Hi, I'm going to Glasgow for zoology this year! But if your not enjoying it I'm pretty sure glasgow university allows for you to change courses and re-enrol 😁
Original post by bigsharter
Hi, I'm going to Glasgow for zoology this year! But if your not enjoying it I'm pretty sure glasgow university allows for you to change courses and re-enrol 😁

I've decided on zoology at glasgow!! aaaaaa!!
Original post by Spiraljester
I've decided on zoology at glasgow!! aaaaaa!!

That's great!!! I hope I see you there 😁😁😁😋
Reply 4
Hi I’m applying for zoology at uni this year and I was wondering whether you think it would be possible for me to get into either of those unis with ABC in bio chem and physics? I believe I am eligible for a contextual offer but that is still ABB so I’m not sure if it’s worth applying.
Reply 5
Original post by Dweeter
Hi I’m applying for zoology at uni this year and I was wondering whether you think it would be possible for me to get into either of those unis with ABC in bio chem and physics? I believe I am eligible for a contextual offer but that is still ABB so I’m not sure if it’s worth applying.

Is this with advanced higher or A levels?
Reply 6
Is this with advanced higher or A levels?

A levels
Reply 7
Original post by Dweeter
A levels

I applied with advanced highers so I have no idea about those grades ☹️ I sure they will get u in the course!! Those are great grades!
Reply 8
I applied with advanced highers so I have no idea about those grades ☹️ I sure they will get u in the course!! Those are great grades!

That’s fine thank you anyway! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending