The Student Room Group

Question for gyg people

Hi
I have seen a lot of people doing gyg threads and I must say it tempts me to do one too :smile:.
What have u gained from doing it?
And what is it you struggle with when doing this thread?
Original post by just_a_teen :)
Hi
I have seen a lot of people doing gyg threads and I must say it tempts me to do one too :smile:.

ive found it really helpful for keeping myself accountable for my studies and helps organise my revision!! it has been really nice to make some friends on here too.
Original post by erin11
ive found it really helpful for keeping myself accountable for my studies and helps organise my revision!! it has been really nice to make some friends on here too.

Ty!!
It really amazes me how you guys do it continuously.. Hopefully mine would be like that :smile:
Reply 3
Hi

Definitely makes me more organised and motivated because everyone supporting you is on the same journey and seeing others succeed makes you want to show how much you’ve done and prove you can too! Everyone is so nice here too and you get to be a part of an academic community who’s there to help you. My struggle is probably spending a bit too much time on tsr when I could be revising so make sure it doesn't badly impact your studying.
Hi

Like @erin11 said it has really helped me become accountable with studying and it's helped me get organised too! be sure to tag us once you have made yours :smile:
Reply 5
Hi
omg how am i only seeing this 2 weeks later
having a gyg is literally the funnest thing ever, bcs the whole community is so caring and supportive of eachother, and a gyg also keeps you accountable on what you want to achieve in the day/week, etc. and then there's those people who will literally motivate and force you to revise if you're feeling unproductive and lazy haha, so overall, i love having a gyg <3
be sure to tag me if you end up making one 🤍🤍🤍
Original post by milktee
omg how am i only seeing this 2 weeks later
having a gyg is literally the funnest thing ever, bcs the whole community is so caring and supportive of eachother, and a gyg also keeps you accountable on what you want to achieve in the day/week, etc. and then there's those people who will literally motivate and force you to revise if you're feeling unproductive and lazy haha, so overall, i love having a gyg <3
be sure to tag me if you end up making one 🤍🤍🤍

Original post by emm4nuella
Like @erin11 said it has really helped me become accountable with studying and it's helped me get organised too! be sure to tag us once you have made yours :smile:

That is rly motivational but Im afraid that its too late cuz of gcses to start one anyways :frown:
Reply 7
That is rly motivational but Im afraid that its too late cuz of gcses to start one anyways :frown:
it's never too late to start! you still have 2 months until gcses and the overall gyg 2023 ends after results day, which is in 5 monthss!! i personally find it productive to have a gyg (though i do get distracted quite a lot haha) but it's completely up to you, and if you do make one i'll defo support your journey 🤍🤍
As @milktee said, not too late to start x
Hi
Hi,
I personally think it is an amazing thing because it holds me accountable and really motivates me to work. I also love the welcoming community of gyg and just everyone associated with it. Honestly, I wouldnt have revised as much as I have if I didnt have my gyg becuase these wonderful lot make sure I do something. I have gone from a D in bio (bc I wasnt revising) to a B withint 2 weeks and I have gone from a C in chemistry to an A in the same time. I would defo encourage making one because its so wonderful.

The struggle would have to be fully on me because I love replying to everyone so i waste time that way but its so easy to just close the tab and then re open it later so it isnt really a struggle at all. If you do make a gyg, be sure to tag me so I can encourage you too :lovedup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending