The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 1 (Y101-Y113) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
does anyone do alfred and the making of england?
Reply 61
GUYS HOW WAS THE PAPER? i do the early stuart’s and the english civil war x
Hey everyone :smile: How was the exam?

A-level History

Reply 63
Original post by Pwca
Hey everyone :smile: How was the exam?

A-level History

it was mid the timing was bad i barely finished
For those who did War of the Roses, what order did you put the sources in from most to least agree? Which essay did you choose?
Reply 65
The Pitt to Peel questions were lovely

Sources on Corn Law repeal were great, essay on Pitt's economic and trade policies also amazing.

The other essay on the Peninsula War seemed a lot harder but didn't have to do it so alls good.
Why was the Wars of the Roses paper so weird????

Like I felt the sources barely linked to the view it was trying to argue, and the essay questions???

Question 2 was so specific and Question 3 was like impossible to find enough reasons?

Can’t understand what they were aiming with it
Reply 67
i do stuarts/civil war, my answer for the sources was kinda mid but i demolished the one on James’ religious problems
Reply 68
Original post by ed729781
i do stuarts/civil war, my answer for the sources was kinda mid but i demolished the one on James’ religious problems

what sources did you say agree and disagree
Original post by Kahootchamp
For those who did War of the Roses, what order did you put the sources in from most to least agree? Which essay did you choose?

I did essay 2 (rushed because I spent so long on sources)

I said source A and B disagree but for different reasons so not one that more disagrees?
Then I said C and D both agree but D didn’t fully because it was in a different time period (1460) so C did the most.
Reply 70
Original post by Guggz
what sources did you say agree and disagree

Sources A agrees, Source C agrees but less, Source B disagrees and honestly what i wrote for Source D is a bit **** but i said it didn’t support it that much
Reply 71
Anyone that does the later tudors, how did you find it?
Reply 72
Sources A agrees, Source C agrees but less, Source B disagrees and honestly what i wrote for Source D is a bit **** but i said it didn’t support it that much

was source the one about colonel hutchinson how did that agree? i said disagree lol but it was so bad it was the last one i wrote
Reply 73
Guys for later tudors I picked the 3rd q (social and economic problems 1588-1603), are these good points?
- Poverty
- Inflation
- Class divisions (talked about purveyance and monopolies here)
Reply 74
Original post by Guggz
was source the one about colonel hutchinson how did that agree? i said disagree lol but it was so bad it was the last one i wrote

i literally can’t remember now 😭 i think i said something about it talking about pressure put on parliament by the army to bring about his execution
Reply 75
i literally can’t remember now 😭 i think i said something about it talking about pressure put on parliament by the army to bring about his execution

ah fair enough that was my qualifying like i said instead it doesn’t support and used the fact it’s a army leaders wife gosh idk how that exam went AT ALL i did the foreign policy essay
Reply 76
Original post by Guggz
ah fair enough that was my qualifying like i said instead it doesn’t support and used the fact it’s a army leaders wife gosh idk how that exam went AT ALL i did the foreign policy essay

what paras did you talk about for that? i kinda wanted to do it but i couldn’t think of enough to write for it
Reply 77
I did Britain 1930-1997. The sources were lovely. The essay was alright, i did the 1951 election. Although, I mentioned Gaitskell bc i mixed him up with the 1955 election. How many marks would be penalised?
Reply 78
what paras did you talk about for that? i kinda wanted to do it but i couldn’t think of enough to write for it

i did first para was it was successful- talked about his rex pacificus and treaty of london 1604 and cleves de julich and qualified with oh but wasn’t successful cos war still broke out and enemy this that
second one was about thirty years war and how the foreign policy was unsuccessful
last one was about the spanish match and the failures
and overall unsuccessful
i wanted to do religon 😭 but i had no clue what did you say?
Reply 79
anyone do alfred and the making of england? how did we all find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending