The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level History Unit 3 (Y301-Y321) - 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Annafaris
That African American question was so iffy

I was a bit thrown off by the state government bit and tbh probably didn't talk about the state government part enough. So I basically just did Federal gov v. AA activism. But I guess I talked about state a bit with Jim Crow laws and that, so hopefully it will be okay
Reply 81
Yeah the interpretations one was good was kinda expecting trade unions tbh. I did the women’s and African Americans. The women’s one was okay I think but I don’t think I wrote enough about each brand and state for African Americans did u mention all the branches and do equal content with state?

Original post by juicygcse
I thought it was alright. The interpretations was relatively easy compared to some others I have seen and the thematic questions were not bad. I did the African American and labour ones. What about you?
Reply 82
Original post by Annafaris
Yeah the interpretations one was good was kinda expecting trade unions tbh. I did the women’s and African Americans. The women’s one was okay I think but I don’t think I wrote enough about each brand and state for African Americans did u mention all the branches and do equal content with state?

Yh I didn't really split into president supreme court or congress, I just said federal government. I definitely didn't talk enough about state governments because I don't really know enough - the only thing for states I did was Jim Crow laws and voting requirements in the early period and then the Arkansas thing after Brown v. Board
Reply 83
I was a bit thrown off by the state government bit and tbh probably didn't talk about the state government part enough. So I basically just did Federal gov v. AA activism. But I guess I talked about state a bit with Jim Crow laws and that, so hopefully it will be okay

Yeah I did that too saying activism was better but I mentioned state issues with Little Rock and bham Alabama but that’s it…
Reply 84
Hopefully grade boundaries r lower cause we’re still a covid year
Reply 85
I thought it was alright. The interpretations was relatively easy compared to some others I have seen and the thematic questions were not bad. I did the African American and labour ones. What about you?

I did African American and the Women question - I found it okay!
Original post by top-lushness
ikr! i’m kinda stressing because everyone ik from my sixth form that did it all seem pretty happy about it…

I just felt a bit unsure and put off my how weird the questions were

dw most of the ppl at my sixth form were complaining and crying 😭😭 so many people ik disliked the last question
Reply 87
guys, im really worried bc on the booklets it asks you to put how many you used, i ended up using an extra one aside from the original booklet they give u but i only put i used one booklet in the box that asks for how many u used for both of them, does this mean the extra one won’t get marked?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Yara1717
guys, im really worried bc on the booklets it asks you to put how many you used, i ended up using an extra one aside from the original booklet they give u but i only put i used one booklet in the box that asks for how many u used for both of them, does this mean the extra one won’t get marked?

definitely mention this to your teacher ASAP to make sure!
Reply 89
definitely mention this to your teacher ASAP to make sure!

i emailed the exam officer but i have no idea if he’ll see it in time because they send them off really fast
Original post by freya.rb
what factors did u do for q4 russia and its rulers was it on minorities or like what

i did
paragraph 1: Russification and how Brest litovsk stopped it then compared it to all the other wars
paragraph 2: expansion in eastern europe
paragraph 2: internal factors affected by events and wars
Reply 91
i couldn’t tell!! I basically wrote about russian people generally rather than minorities…

the vagueness was AWFUL so i’m hoping they don’t penalise me for not taking the minorities approach

God it better not have been on minorities, I wrote the whole thing on like changes to the economy and industry/agriculture 😭
Reply 92
anyone else think the russia questions were just weird
like the 4th one was so vague ??

yeah, i really liked the interpretation question, and liked question 3 but QUESTIONS 2 and 4 😭😭

i ended up going with 4 but ‘the Russian Empire’ was so incredibly vague
Britain and Ireland was mid
Civil rights in USA, anyone who did the Trade union/Labour question how did u structure the essay
Reply 95
Feel like I've messed.up russia as didn't realise last one was on minorities:frown:
Reply 96
does anyone do The development of France as a Nation State 1498-1610.
was the last question a minorities one cause thats what i did for russia
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Yellow hEART
was the last question a minorities one cause thats what i did for russia

hmm no i don’t think so honestly no one does this course 😭 how did Russia go
Reply 99
Original post by theabal05
Feel like I've messed.up russia as didn't realise last one was on minorities:frown:

i didn’t write about it either, and from what i’ve heard a lot of people have done the same? i’m hoping because ‘developments’ is so broad, OCR credits both interpretations of the question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending