The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread

Scroll to see replies

I’ll send you the section 1 pdf if you still need it
Is anyone applying to ulster? I’m a last minute one as they just reopened applications so I’m going to give it a go!!
Scared is an understatement lol, don’t know how I’m going to study for this before march, feels like no time at all 🥲
Reply 22
Why is the only test centre available in the Uk is Derry/Londonderry
Reply 23
Original post by xbyou
Why is the only test centre available in the Uk is Derry/Londonderry

They reduced/ reworked the test centres this time round. There was no Scottish test centre offered and a choice limited to London, Liverpool, Bristol, Leeds and Londonderry. So no Northern test centres at all either.

I’m in the same boat and debating choosing Dublin and making a whirlwind stop of the tourist attractions before flying back but GAMSAT is expensive enough without having to travel to another country to take it.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Bexjw
They reduced/ reworked the test centres this time round. There was no Scottish test centre offered and a choice limited to London, Liverpool, Bristol, Leeds and Londonderry. So no Northern test centres at all either.

I’m in the same boat and debating choosing Dublin and making a whirlwind stop of the tourist attractions before flying back but GAMSAT is expensive enough without having to travel to another country to take it.

Liverpool, Leeds and London were all available when I checked last Thursday. I’m silly and waited till Monday to go and pay only for all those places to be booked.

I’m also considering just booking Derry and hoping I can change it to remote? Apparently there have been issues with ACER - idk how far true that is though. I’ve seen a few people say they put more spots out bit by bit and to just keep checking but I don’t know what to do.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Elsatrish1
Original post by Bexjw

Liverpool, Leeds and London were all available when I checked last Thursday. I’m silly and waited till Monday to go and pay only for all those places to be booked.

I’m also considering just booking Derry or Dublin and hoping I can change it to remote? Apparently there have been issues with ACER - idk how far true that is though. I’ve seen a few people say they put more spots out bit by bit and to just keep checking but I don’t know what to do.

ACER are pretty strict with remote. You need to be further than 3hrs away for your travel time to your nearest test centre and you can’t request it if your preferred test centre is full (according to the information booklet). It’s worth a try but when I was working in Shetland, I had to send proof of address and written proof (on letter-headed paper) from my employer to confirm that I was indeed there and unable to reasonably travel to the nearest test centre! It might be wise to just book the ‘nearest’ available centre that you’d be willing or able to get to if you absolutely HAVE to and then monitor the ACER website for any slots that come up between now and the late registration deadline. Looks like the approach I’ll be taking as I’m within the 3hr travel to the nearest centre. Worst case scenario, I get a weekend in Dublin! 😂
Original post by Bexjw
ACER are pretty strict with remote. You need to be further than 3hrs away for your travel time to your nearest test centre and you can’t request it if your preferred test centre is full (according to the information booklet). It’s worth a try but when I was working in Shetland, I had to send proof of address and written proof (on letter-headed paper) from my employer to confirm that I was indeed there and unable to reasonably travel to the nearest test centre! It might be wise to just book the ‘nearest’ available centre that you’d be willing or able to get to if you absolutely HAVE to and then monitor the ACER website for any slots that come up between now and the late registration deadline. Looks like the approach I’ll be taking as I’m within the 3hr travel to the nearest centre. Worst case scenario, I get a weekend in Dublin! 😂

Just managed to book for Leeds thank God - have a look on their website, they added more places for London and Leeds (Liverpool too but I was too late) if that’s where you’d prefer to be.

Can’t believe it’s officially booked though - let the prep start!!
Reply 27
Original post by Elsatrish1

Just managed to book for Leeds thank God - have a look on their website, they added more places for London and Leeds (Liverpool too but I was too late) if that’s where you’d prefer to be.

Can’t believe it’s officially booked though - let the prep start!!

Congratulations! I’ll definitely have a look/ keep an eye on it! Thanks for the tip.
Reply 28
have they sent out emails for section 2 bookings yet? I m getting anxious now!
Original post by nandiniy
have they sent out emails for section 2 bookings yet? I m getting anxious now!

Funnily enough they’ve just gone out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending