The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway student life

I went to Royal Holloway for an open day and was wondering where all of the students were (it was a saturday). I asked someone who was there and she said most students go home at the weekend. Does anyone know what proportion of students do go home normally and does this kill the vibe?
Hi! I'm just finishing up my first year at RHUL (and I may not be the best person to answer this since I don't go out much) and I can share what I know!
A lot of people do go home on the weekends, but a lot of students go out to London or the surrounding towns then too since Egham doesn't have much in the way of shopping or activities. On campus there is the Boilerhouse and Crosslands, the latter of which is open later and has board games and a pool table so it is quite popular at times. Most of the events through the SU or societies happens during the week in the evenings, so a lot of students (myself included) decide to stay in and get some work done on the weekends and relax before classes and society meetings start up again. Also, most of the working students tend to choose weekend shifts, so this also factors in to whose on campus or not.

I have heard from the 2nd and 3rd years that the freshers this year have been really tame/lame and I found a lot of the students I met at the freshers activities in September were 2nd or 3rd years. So this coming year might be a bit different than it is now for social life on campus!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending