The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Is Royal Hollway as bad as people say?

People seem to either love it or hate it.
What are people's honest and possible objective opinions on Royal Holloway?
People complain that there's not much to do nearby but I don't go out much anyway, so does that matter too much?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
People complain that there's not much to do nearby but I don't go out much anyway, so does that matter too much?

Hiya! I go to RHUL and I'm in my first year so I'll give you a little insight and if you've got anymore questions pls lmk!
There's a lot of pubs not far from the campus and there's a student run pub called the Packhorse and it's super close which is lovely on nights out. The student union is amazing here they are always running events that range from chill 'give it a go activities' to themed club nights. There are two main places you can go out on campus, the on campus club called Medicine and then the SU venue itself. Imo lots of people are fine with going to these on a night and in the student accoms there are always afters. I don't really go out a lot but when I do I really enjoy myself! However if you are wanting to go further afield it's not too hard, the train station is about a 20 minute walk and there are buses available into London. Egham itself there isn't much to do though so bear that in mind! Hopefully this helps a little bit!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Their philosophy dept is good.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there,

It’s great to hear you’re interested in Royal Holloway, University of London and want to find out more about us!
We're proud to be ranked highly for the quality of our research and our teaching - a powerful combination that directly benefits you. Our campus is one of the most beautiful in the world with numerous teaching and study spaces, bars and cafés, high-quality accommodation, and sports facilities. Visit our campus and get a real feel for student life at one of our Open Days. You can find out more information on this page: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/student-life/visit-royal-holloway/open-days/

Exploring new interests, developing fresh skills and enjoying an active social life are an important part of being a student - and at Royal Holloway you’ll have plenty of opportunity to do all three. There's almost always something going on at the campus whether it's drama in our contemporary Caryl Churchill Theatre, a pool tournament in the Students' Union or a meeting of the Harry Potter society!

Our students know us better than anyone and can tell you all about life at Royal Holloway, from what the courses are like, to accommodation options and what’s available on campus! Chat to a current student here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/chat/ to find out more about the course or student life in general!

We hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Royal Holloway, University of London Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending