The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

foundation year 0 for dental therapy

does anyone have any idea of the timetable at carmel college for the foundation year please
Hi there,

The timetables don't tend to get released until a few weeks ahead of term, at least for the university itself, its quite frustrating but a result of the complications in timetabling so many courses! It could be different for Carmel College though.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

The timetables don't tend to get released until a few weeks ahead of term, at least for the university itself, its quite frustrating but a result of the complications in timetabling so many courses! It could be different for Carmel College though.

Thankyou for your help. I'm a mature student and am trying to figure out what hours I may be able to work alongside studying !
I’m starting the foundation course at Carmel college in September. I’ve emailed the college to try and get an idea of some information but no reply yet. Have you got any idea about accommodation yet, with it being 10 miles from the actual uni?

Original post by linziliouc
does anyone have any idea of the timetable at carmel college for the foundation year please
Original post by alazenby
I’m starting the foundation course at Carmel college in September. I’ve emailed the college to try and get an idea of some information but no reply yet. Have you got any idea about accommodation yet, with it being 10 miles from the actual uni?

Hi there,

Have you taken a look on the accommodation pages of the University website? For those on foundation years they can stay in the same halls as other University of Liverpool students. There is good access to the Carmel College campus from the city centre, which is only a 15 minute walk from the on-campus halls at the University of Liverpool.

Is there anything in particular you would like to know about regarding the accommodation?

Reply 5
I'm just about to finish my foundation year at Carmel College so hopefully I can provide some insight! Whilst I'm not on the health and vet studies side of the foundation year, I have a few friends who are. Everybody's timetable is different and you won't actually get it until the week before term starts unfortunately, however the health students are guaranteed a Wednesday off. Let me know if you have any other questions about the foundation year :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Reloran
I'm just about to finish my foundation year at Carmel College so hopefully I can provide some insight! Whilst I'm not on the health and vet studies side of the foundation year, I have a few friends who are. Everybody's timetable is different and you won't actually get it until the week before term starts unfortunately, however the health students are guaranteed a Wednesday off. Let me know if you have any other questions about the foundation year :smile:

Thanks for that! Where did you stay whilst you studied at Carmel College, did you stay near the Uni or near the college? Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by alazenby
Thanks for that! Where did you stay whilst you studied at Carmel College, did you stay near the Uni or near the college? Thanks

No worries! I stayed near the uni, it’s been really nice having access to the uni facilities and having friends close by. I don’t want to encourage or discourage you from either option. But what I’d say is definitely take a look at how you’ll get to the college each day and what sort of time it’ll take you to get there. A lot of people this year were frustrated with the journey, but I think as long as you’re aware of it and make use of the time on the bus to get some uni work done you’ll be fine.
Reply 8
Original post by Reloran
No worries! I stayed near the uni, it’s been really nice having access to the uni facilities and having friends close by. I don’t want to encourage or discourage you from either option. But what I’d say is definitely take a look at how you’ll get to the college each day and what sort of time it’ll take you to get there. A lot of people this year were frustrated with the journey, but I think as long as you’re aware of it and make use of the
time on the bus to get some uni work done you’ll be fine.

What do u need to do to progress to the degree ??
Reply 9
Original post by FrazFraz
What do u need to do to progress to the degree ??

Depends on the course you’re going on to. For the science and engineering courses you generally need a 50% average in your lead module, and 40% in your two other modules. Health and vet have higher boundaries to hit, I think it might be 60%. Your average grade is weighted 30% coursework, and 70% final exam.
Reply 10
Original post by Reloran
Depends on the course you’re going on to. For the science and engineering courses you generally need a 50% average in your lead module, and 40% in your two other modules. Health and vet have higher boundaries to hit, I think it might be 60%. Your average grade is weighted 30% coursework, and 70% final exam.

Cool cool - good luck with everything :smile:
Original post by Reloran
No worries! I stayed near the uni, it’s been really nice having access to the uni facilities and having friends close by. I don’t want to encourage or discourage you from either option. But what I’d say is definitely take a look at how you’ll get to the college each day and what sort of time it’ll take you to get there. A lot of people this year were frustrated with the journey, but I think as long as you’re aware of it and make use of the time on the bus to get some uni work done you’ll be fine.

Yes I think this is a really good post, highlighting the pro's and con's. I think that you will feel more integrated into the 'University of Liverpool' student community if you live closer to the Uni, with a clear downside with the commute in. Either way, of course you are partof University and can always travel into the Uni for use of the facilities, going out, sport, societies etc.,

Original post by tasminsteele
Has anyone had any info on DBS or occ health? I had an email a few months ago saying this would need to be done but nothing since x

Hi there,

If it is a requirement for the course they I'm they will keep you updated as and when you need to apply! If you are worried about it I would email the contact you got for when they first emailed and I'm sure they will help you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending