The Student Room Group

Is this normal in the relationship ….

Is this normal.

Over the phone me and my bf more likely To argue than real life. He ****es me off over the phone easier than in real life. I feel like In real life he wouldn’t say certain things he would over the phone. I feel like same for him he’s easily irritated over the phone. This is why I try avoid conversations sometimes incase we argue or if I feel it coming I would stop the conversation.

Is this normal lool

I see him on the weekends.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Is this normal.

Over the phone me and my bf more likely To argue than real life. He ****es me off over the phone easier than in real life. I feel like In real life he wouldn’t say certain things he would over the phone. I feel like same for him he’s easily irritated over the phone. This is why I try avoid conversations sometimes incase we argue or if I feel it coming I would stop the conversation.

Is this normal lool

Hello,

I think this is quite normal. Certain people tend to get frustrated when they're away from their SO, especially because the physical-inperson thing is very important to a relationship. I'd say take it easy and communicate your frustration with your BF, don't let it just happen. And enjoy the time you have together
Regards

F
Original post by Anonymous
Is this normal.

Is this normal lool

I see this as a bad sign. It could be that over the phone you are getting more of the real him. With the real him being abrassive to you.
In person he may well be on his best behaviour. And he will stay on his best behaviour till the honeymoon phase wears off, 6 months to 2 years after living with each other. And when that happens you'll see a side of him that's worse than his telephone manner.

You could double check this by spending some time with him with his parents or any brothers or sisters. And observing how he talks to and interacts with them. Because that's how he's likely to talk to you in the due course of time.

Another thing is to observe him when things don't go how he wants. EG disappointing food or service in restaurant. Or his car breaks down, or the train gets cancelled, or someone is rude to him in the street.

With experience and you taking a big interest in people, you should get good at reading people, so that 95% of the time you can tell a good 'un from a wrong 'un from an inbetweener.
First of all, "normal" isn't the word. Relationships aren't easy and no one's is perfect.
For some people, it's easier to argue with their significant other simply because it's easier than missing them. Maybe he just misses you and anger is the easier option because he pushes them feelings aside.
Either way, be honest and communicate with him. Tell him how you feel about what happens on the phone when you're not with him.
Red flag get out of it while you still can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending