The Student Room Group

Bf admitted he was going to cheat on me in order to end relationship CONTENT WARNING

We dated for 6 years my first relationship, in all aspects he was amazing. However I have been suffering with my mental health with severe depression and had been failing to show up to the relationship (coming to his an hour late, sometimes not coming to visit him, sometimes not communicating to him by contacting him) and he was supportive in trying to help me improve my mental health like take meds but I wasn’t doing enough and he’s right I wasn’t, and my mental health had just been declining.

The relationship ended when I came back from holiday and didn’t message him after 6 days. But prior to this he admitted something that torn me up, I peeked at his messages one time (not something I’m proud of as I don’t like invading privacy but his messages were open on his Facebook) I seen bare messages to girls not explicitly flirty but quite emotionally driven, I thought benefit of the doubt but admitted to him I did this anyway and then he admitted that he was actively trying to seek out other girls in order to end the relationship. His excuse was because he did try to end it in the past but I had a break down

Content warning: mention of previous suicidal feelings

Spoiler

I don’t know how to feel about it, whether my feelings are valid or not.
Very normal to feel a range of things about this:
shocks, betrayal, sadness, desperation

All very normal responses to this kind of event. Let those feelings happen, know that this is a normal response, try not to let those feelings control you - because you control them.

We are here if you have more questions or need more support :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending