The Student Room Group

Studying here or abroad

Hi, i'm a year 13 student who has recieved all my uni options back, all accepting me , but i don't know if i'm capable of ahcieving the grades i'm predicted (A,A,B) . I thought about studying in Italy, as the culture and just life there interests me and the costs are much less. Any advice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Do you speak Italian to a proficient level? What are you wanting to study? Is the course in Italy taught in Italian? These are all very much things to consider
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
Do you speak Italian to a proficient level? What are you wanting to study? Is the course in Italy

taught in Italian? These are all very much things to consider

I wanted to study law, taught in english and researched unis that offer this. My itallian is not so good but i thought as my course will be english, and the uni will be international i can learn along the way without having much difficulty.
Hiya, a couple of things to consider.
1) law in italy is 5 years, this means that is basically an integrated master and after it you will ve doing an internship and have to pass the bar( or at least this was how it works last time I checked)
2) I would suggest checking how it works if you want to convert your degree to an uk one after graduation, I’m not 100% sure it’s possible since the uk and Italy have two very different juridical systems
3) a course though in English doesn’t mean that the university is international. Most people will still be Italian and even if they do study in English it doesn’t mean they can have a full conversation in English

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending