The Student Room Group

Advice on unis pleaseeee

Looking for abit of advice. I’m currently studying a level psychology, criminology and health and social care at college. I would like to study either radiography or paramedic science but am aware that a science is needed for radiography at Uni. Is there any other degreees that I should consider? Any help is much appreciated!!
Original post by hb06
Looking for abit of advice. I’m currently studying a level psychology, criminology and health and social care at college. I would like to study either radiography or paramedic science but am aware that a science is needed for radiography at Uni. Is there any other degreees that I should consider? Any help is much appreciated!!

Nursing, Forensic Science, and Physiotherapy could be some options for you to look at.
Check the entry requirements for different courses on their websites. Lots of unis accept Health & Social Care. My daughter is planning to do straight H+SC BTEC at college and do ODP at uni.

But have a think about what course you actually want to do first (and why). Then look at what you need to get in. One of my fellow students did a foundation year at uni to allow her get onto the radiotherapy course, another one did an access to healthcare course after her A-levels. There's lots of routes in these days.
Original post by hb06

Just had a quick look at the entry requirements of a few diagnostic radiography courses and several accept psychology as the 'science' A level (Cardiff, UWE Bristol,Canterbury) or don't have specific A level requirements (Bangor, Suffolk). There will be others and as @HellomynameisNev has said, you need to check the Entry Requirements section on the course pages on uni websites.

For details of other Allied Health Professions that might interest you, start here:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/

Quick Reply

Latest