The Student Room Group

Physicians Associate Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for Physicians Associate courses for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
Current qualifications
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I am currently a third year biomedical science student and I am now finally starting to apply for a physicians associate post for 2024!

Does anyone have any tips or advice based on the application itself including work experience, what I need to get into PA etc

im so nervous about this
Reply 2
I have been offered a place at UoP in 2024 - January start though.
Original post by Jotenno
I have been offered a place at UoP in 2024 - January start though.

is that plymouth or portsmouth?
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Physicians Associate courses for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

Current qualifications
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Anyone applying to undergrad PA?
Reply 5
Original post by normaw

Current qualifications
Extra curriculars

@CamembertPaws FYI

Also I’ve been invited to an interview how would you suggest I prepare?
Reply 6
Original post by sssssw
is that plymouth or portsmouth?

Plymouth
Reply 7
Original post by he110!0000
Also I’ve been invited to an interview how would you suggest I prepare?

This was the 3rd year I have applied, the previous years I failed at the interview stage!

This time I looked up practice questions for med school and watched a couple of youtube vids for interview prep.
Most of my questions were along the lines of what would you do in 'this' situation. Non were medical questions, more empathy & morals.

Good luck with the interview!
Reply 8
Original post by Jotenno
This was the 3rd year I have applied, the previous years I failed at the interview stage!

This time I looked up practice questions for med school and watched a couple of youtube vids for interview prep.
Most of my questions were along the lines of what would you do in 'this' situation. Non were medical questions, more empathy & morals.

Good luck with the interview!

thank you so much, do you know what you did wrong at the previous interviews, like anything I should/shouldnt do?
Reply 9
thank you so much, do you know what you did wrong at the previous interviews, like anything I should/shouldnt do?

I am not sure - was on the reserve list both times but think I was just not confident in my answers and ran out of things to say!

I have never been great at interviews though as I usually go blank!
Reply 10
Hello PA applicants. I’m a year 1 PA in study if anyone has any questions or help relating to the course more than happy to help. Good luck 😁
Original post by Heiwjensb
Hello PA applicants. I’m a year 1 PA in study if anyone has any questions or help relating to the course more than happy to help. Good luck 😁

Hey what uni?
Reply 12
Hey what uni?

Hello Yorkshire region, I had interviews at all universities that in this region 👍🏻
Hello Yorkshire region, I had interviews at all universities that in this region 👍🏻

I have an interview tmrw, any tips?
Also if you don’t mind me asking did u get offers from all of them
Reply 14
I have an interview tmrw, any tips?
Also if you don’t mind me asking did u get offers from all of them

I had offers 4/5 of the universities I interviewed at. Each universities interviews vary. Generically
-Know your universities course layout why it works for you.
-PA role in-depth/ MDT team roles
-talk on your experience in care or experience it in each questions
-know you’re medical ethics, add your clinical knowledge to the questions
each interview vary be confident and talk direct with good interview techniques, leave the nerves at the door and good luck!
I had offers 4/5 of the universities I interviewed at. Each universities interviews vary. Generically
-Know your universities course layout why it works for you.
-PA role in-depth/ MDT team roles
-talk on your experience in care or experience it in each questions
-know you’re medical ethics, add your clinical knowledge to the questions
each interview vary be confident and talk direct with good interview techniques, leave the nerves at the door and good luck!

What if I get stuck on a question or don’t know how to answer it
Reply 16

You won’t and try your best I’m sure you’ve done more than enough to prepare, you’ll be fine
Reply 17

The questions I had for my interview were fairly easy!
I think all unis structure their interviews differently but you should have some information about what they are looking for in your answers.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!
Original post by Jotenno
The questions I had for my interview were fairly easy!
I think all unis structure their interviews differently but you should have some information about what they are looking for in your answers.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!

Hey so I’ve done it now and some bits were okay and some were hard. I realised due to nerves I completely messed up a scenario question like I said the wrong things that u shouldn’t do, do you think this could affect my chances of getting in since the pa course is competitive
Reply 19
Hey so I’ve done it now and some bits were okay and some were hard. I realised due to nerves I completely messed up a scenario question like I said the wrong things that u shouldn’t do, do you think this could affect my chances of getting in since the pa course is competitive

I thought I messed up a couple but still got offered a place - it was my 3rd time trying though!
Hopefully you did better than you think!

Quick Reply

Latest