The Student Room Group

Not Living At Home to Living At Home

When I sent my UCAS application, I didn't want to live at home whilst studying but now I've changed my mind.

Should I send emails to the universities I'm applying to, to let them know of this change? Or does it not really matter and I can just not pay for student accommodation?

Thanks.
Original post by ohdearieme
When I sent my UCAS application, I didn't want to live at home whilst studying but now I've changed my mind.

Should I send emails to the universities I'm applying to, to let them know of this change? Or does it not really matter and I can just not pay for student accommodation?

Thanks.

Hello @ohdearieme [br] I hope you’re well. Yes, I think it would be a good idea if you contact the student accommodation company that you was planning to stay with to let them know of this change.

As most student accommodations have a cancellation period in which they allow you to cancel, and not pay your rent fees. However, once you’ve passed that period regardless of whether you stay or not, you still have to pay. I’d advise to contact them ASAP! :smile:

Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your reply!

I should have clarified things earlier: I haven't paid or arranged for accommodation yet, but should I still send an email nonetheless?

Thank you and hope you have a nice day. :smile:
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello @ohdearieme [br] I hope you’re well. Yes, I think it would be a good idea if you contact the student accommodation company that you was planning to stay with to let them know of this change.

As most student accommodations have a cancellation period in which they allow you to cancel, and not pay your rent fees. However, once you’ve passed that period regardless of whether you stay or not, you still have to pay. I’d advise to contact them ASAP! :smile:

Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending