The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

If I study in London but Im leaving outside of London, why I am getting less maintenance loan than those, whose living there?
Original post by Nomad85
If I study in London but Im leaving outside of London, why I am getting less maintenance loan than those, whose living there?

Hi there,

Can you please confirm your age? Have your parents or partner supported your application yet?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Nomad85

Hi there,

The funding is higher if they are living away from home and studying at a university in the city of London. These are guidelines in place depending on a students situation. The same method is used to students living away from home, they are assessed on a higher rate than those living at home during the academic year. Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Can you please confirm your age? Have your parents or partner supported your application yet?

Thanks, Graeme

Im 38 years old.. no need parents 😊
Original post by Nomad85
Im 38 years old.. no need parents 😊

Hi there,

The funding is higher if they are living away from home and studying at a university in the city of London. These are guidelines in place depending on a students living location. The same method is used to students living away from home, they are assessed on a higher rate than those living at home during the academic year or for those studying aboard. Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

The funding is higher if they are living away from home and studying at a university in the city of London. These are guidelines in place depending on a students living location. The same method is used to students living away from home, they are assessed on a higher rate than those living at home during the academic year or for those studying aboard. Thanks, Jason

Thank you, Jason!
Original post by Nomad85
Thank you, Jason!

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending