The Student Room Group

Can I apply for an advanced learner loan if I have already received student finance?

Hello, I studied a degree in 2014 - 2018 and then a postgraduate PGCE 2018 to 2019. I received student finance fund this. I am now working an evening job and earning minimum wage. I have applied for a level three counselling course at college (I already have the level 2) and I am just wondering about progression routes. I have seem a 2 year level 4 and 5 counselling diploma however I am wondering if it would be possible to fund this. I am wondering this
Am I able to apply for an advanced learner loan to fund the level 4 and 5 course next year if I have previously received student finance to fund a degree??

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Chantal fionz
Hello, I studied a degree in 2014 - 2018 and then a postgraduate PGCE 2018 to 2019. I received student finance fund this. I am now working an evening job and earning minimum wage. I have applied for a level three counselling course at college (I already have the level 2) and I am just wondering about progression routes. I have seem a 2 year level 4 and 5 counselling diploma however I am wondering if it would be possible to fund this. I am wondering this
Am I able to apply for an advanced learner loan to fund the level 4 and 5 course next year if I have previously received student finance to fund a degree??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi there, when is your course due to start? Have you submitted an application for funding for the team to review? Thanks, Karen
Hello no i havent got that far as i dont know if its a possibility. I know advanced learner loans can cover the cost of this course but the question is basically, can you get an advanced learner loan if you've previously received degree funding ? Thanks:smile:
Hello no i havent got that far as i dont know if its a possibility. I know advanced learner loans can cover the cost of this course but the question is basically, can you get an advanced learner loan if you've previously received degree funding ? Thanks:smile:

You should be able to get funding. The team would need an application to review and confirm this. Thanks, Karen
Thanks very much for your reply, I just wanted to make sure that there were no rules against it or anything :smile:
Thanks very much for your reply, I just wanted to make sure that there were no rules against it or anything :smile:

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending