The Student Room Group

Certificate of higher education with ou then a undergraduate course at another UK uni

I'm going to start a course with ou to get a certificate of higher education in computing and mathematics. I'm doing this to meet the entry requirements for a computer science, software engineering or economics undergraduate degree, would I be able to get a student loan for both?
I've read that sometimes you have to pay for the first year of a degree if you have completed a cert of higher education, I wouldn't be able to pay for a year of university, would this not apply because its a higher level course overall? Any help would be appreciated, also is there an email address to contact student finance England?
Original post by Billy202
I'm going to start a course with ou to get a certificate of higher education in computing and mathematics. I'm doing this to meet the entry requirements for a computer science, software engineering or economics undergraduate degree, would I be able to get a student loan for both?
I've read that sometimes you have to pay for the first year of a degree if you have completed a cert of higher education, I wouldn't be able to pay for a year of university, would this not apply because its a higher level course overall? Any help would be appreciated, also is there an email address to contact student finance England?

Hi Billy,

You can check if the course is eligible for Advanced Learner loan for the course fees. The university/college can confirm this to you. You can find more details for Advanced Learner Loan here https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending