The Student Room Group

Eating disorder recovery set back by food poisoning

Hello! This is my first post here.
TW for eating disorder talk.

So I had an eating disorder for years. It started very restrictive, losing a few stone and being quite underweight. I got diagnosed in 2015. Then getting pregnant, I gained a LOT. From there, my weight has been very up and down. I’ve ended up quite overweight, but have been working hard on my eating disorder for the sake of my son. I’ve known vaguely what I weigh but no longer keep track.

On the weekend, I got food poisoning from TGI Fridays (I only noticed halfway through my meal that the veggies were a strange colour) and stopped eating it. Obviously, I felt very ill and I’m worried that eating will make me sick. I’ve barely eaten since. I’ve lost quite a lot of weight in that short time and while it’s mostly water, there is a definite difference in my stomach and face. For the first time in years (my son is now 4), I’m weighing daily and too happy about the lbs coming off. It’s a huge set back and while I know it’s not even been a week, I’m scared of going back to old habits but more scared of getting sick again.

This is more of a vent than anything but **** you, TGI’s. I was doing so well. I guess my question is, has anyone else has ED recovery messed up by food poisoning and did you manage to get past it?

Edit: apologies, I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to curse here haha. Also typos. Too many typos.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest