The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (7042/1A to 1L) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks this is very helpful :smile:
Reply 21
is anyone doing option L quest for political stability germany - what are your predictions
does anyone have predictions for the tudors aqa exam?
(Original post by fahima123063)does anyone have predictions for the tudors aqa exam?

I think religious change/opposition will be on there as it’s not come up in a few years. economy under henry vii/viii hasn’t or maybe like golden age under elizabeth. i think the extracts might be mid tudor or elizabeth’s fp
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 24
Original post by vale_2
is anyone doing option L quest for political stability germany - what are your predictions

maybe the nazi economy or reunification bc they have never asked it before
Reply 25
Original post by scarlett000
hey, does your list of potential essay questions include ones that haven't been asked by aqa yet or is it just all the past paper questions? if it includes ones that haven't been asked yet, where did u find them or did u come up with them yourself? :smile:

Defo didn’t come up with them myself haha. Some are from past papers, others are from the revision guide I mentioned in my post. I also found lots of questions on Quizlet sets, here’s an example:

https://quizlet.com/gb/687187339/russia-essay-plans-v2-flash-cards/?i=29wjir&x=1jqY
https://quizlet.com/gb/599429279/tsarist-and-communist-russia-essay-plans-flash-cards/?i=29wjir&x=1jqY
Reply 26
I feel like theyve asked a nazi economy question before in a past paper
Original post by ruby333
Reply 27
Original post by vale_2
I feel like theyve asked a nazi economy question before in a past paper

yeah i just thought bc the extract was on post war economy in 2022 and there was a question on weimar economy it might come up do you have any idea on what the extract could be on x?
Reply 28
Original post by ruby333

hey do u have a reunification essay plan and one on nazi economy because i dont know what points to put for reunification its barely touched upon when we did it in school thanks
Reply 29
the extract i have no clue do you have any ideas x has your teacher told you becausemy tacher said reunification has never come upbut idek what to write for this i cant even do an essay plan on the causes of reunfiication if it was kohl or external factors
Original post by ruby333
yeah i just thought bc the extract was on post war economy in 2022 and there was a question on weimar economy it might come up do you have any idea on what the extract could be on x?
Reply 30
Original post by vale_2
the extract i have no clue do you have any ideas x has your teacher told you becausemy tacher said reunification has never come upbut idek what to write for this i cant even do an essay plan on the causes of reunfiication if it was kohl or external factors

my teacher said if it came up it would be on where the credit lies for reunification so kohl, brandt, adenauer or the german people, i don’t have a plan for it but i think that it would come up on the extracts rather than an essay question
Reply 31
Original post by vale_2

i think the extract is going to be on society bc it was on economy last year and political the year before but i’m hoping it’s not😭
Reply 32
Original post by 15hh
Hi is anyone doing British empire and Cold War

I'm doing British Empire but I'm doing the Birth of the USA instead of the Cold War
Reply 33
Original post by tallulah_tori
i’m doing it chronologically in parts. for example
making a timeline for trade and commerce from 1857-1967. and i’m a lot of timed sources questions bc that’s what i’m struggling with. and i think the sources will be on trade and commerce, attitudes to empire and colonial policy.
for the essays no clue but maybe questions on the winds of change period and relations with indigenous peoples

Hi, I think the extract won't be on trade and commerce since that was the topic for last year but i think it will be on the second half of the course. for the essays, im hoping that they dont ask a question on the earlier bit of India
Reply 34
Original post by ruby333
i think the extract is going to be on society bc it was on economy last year and political the year before but i’m hoping it’s not😭

has society come up before and what could they ask for that. idk what the essay questions could be because they havent asked a reunification essay yet but this could be the extract idk anything on reunification tbh i find it so confusing i thought kohl was the person behind it all why are there other factors involved????
Reply 35
Original post by vale_2
has society come up before and what could they ask for that. idk what the essay questions could be because they havent asked a reunification essay yet but this could be the extract idk anything on reunification tbh i find it so confusing i thought kohl was the person behind it all why are there other factors involved????

society was on the extract question in 2020 about social change 60s-80s.
i think that some historians think that kohl was just lucky that’s why there are other factors. brandt pursued ostpolitik so he could be credited and the german people could also be credited as they protested against government in the east which led to the fall of the berlin wall. adenauer could be credited as he put the FRG in nato and made the german economy stronger which led to many germans fleeing east germany to west germany
i wouldn’t argue it was adenauer bc it is hard to i would say it’s kohl.
Reply 36
Original post by ruby333
society was on the extract question in 2020 about social change 60s-80s.
i think that some historians think that kohl was just lucky that’s why there are other factors. brandt pursued ostpolitik so he could be credited and the german people could also be credited as they protested against government in the east which led to the fall of the berlin wall. adenauer could be credited as he put the FRG in nato and made the german economy stronger which led to many germans fleeing east germany to west germany
i wouldn’t argue it was adenauer bc it is hard to i would say it’s kohl.

ahh thank u, society could be a question for bismarck years then or for kaiser wilhelm II years or even nazi years. the points u mentioned just now are relevant as external factors that contributed to the responsiblity for reunification right x and tysm
Reply 37
Original post by vale_2
ahh thank u, society could be a question for bismarck years then or for kaiser wilhelm II years or even nazi years. the points u mentioned just now are relevant as external factors that contributed to the responsiblity for reunification right x and tysm

the society question last year was on militarism during wilhelm II so it could be nazis this year x. if there’s two questions on society i’ll cry😭 i’m hoping the extract will be on political or economic strength of the weimar republic that would be great
Reply 38
omg society is awfulll :frown: political strength of weimar republic would be blessed as theres so much to tlak about from the failure of the constitution and hyperinflation that occured like it was a whole mess and the uprisings and putsches. i need to revise reunification cuz they ddi not ask that at all in any papers.
Original post by ruby333
the society question last year was on militarism during wilhelm II so it could be nazis this year x. if there’s two questions on society i’ll cry😭 i’m hoping the extract will be on political or economic strength of the weimar republic that would be great
Reply 39
Original post by vale_2
omg society is awfulll :frown: political strength of weimar republic would be blessed as theres so much to tlak about from the failure of the constitution and hyperinflation that occured like it was a whole mess and the uprisings and putsches. i need to revise reunification cuz they ddi not ask that at all in any papers.

Original post by ruby333

have they also asked about weimar republic before in the past papers in terms of 1914-1928?? i feel like they have and on the eocnomy to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending