The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (7042/1A to 1L) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by vale_2
have they also asked about weimar republic before in the past papers in terms of 1914-1928?? i feel like they have and on the eocnomy to

the last time weimar was on extracts was 2014 so i’m hoping they come up again bc they tend not to ask society as often
Reply 41
hi

Original post by vale_2
omg society is awfulll :frown: political strength of weimar republic would be blessed as theres so much to tlak about from the failure of the constitution and hyperinflation that occured like it was a whole mess and the uprisings and putsches. i need to revise reunification cuz they ddi not ask that at all in any papers.

my revision is mainly focused on the later stuff like adenauer and the chancellors 63-89 bc the 2022 paper had the earlier stuff on. have you revised much on society? xx
Original post by phiouebe
Does anyone that is doing Option K (USA: Making of a Superpower) have any predictions for our exam questions?

Im thinking definitely question on Cold War and also maybe economic pre 1900?
Original post by Ellaraesmart
Im thinking definitely question on Cold War and also maybe economic pre 1900?

also my teacher said advanced info last year didn't include era of weak presidents and civil rights, student protest etc all that social change in last section of course so I'm focusing quite a lot on that too
Original post by phiouebe
Does anyone that is doing Option K (USA: Making of a Superpower) have any predictions for our exam questions?
anybody doing Stuarts have any predictions??
Reply 45
Original post by izzyisnotokay
Heya! Is anyone doing Tudors 1C? If so, what are your predictions for the exam???? I'm so worried for it

i'm also doing Tudors 1C but have no predictions ): does anyone else have an idea?
Reply 46
Original post by zarabbvv
i'm also doing Tudors 1C but have no predictions ): does anyone else have an idea?

and also 2N Revolution and dictatorship: Russia, 1917–1953

i think henry vii economy essay, perhaps religious change mid tudor/latter henry viii. i’m thinking extract could be fp related or religious opposition under elizabeth
Reply 48
Anyone doing angevin kings
Reply 49
anyone have predictions for 1K usa making of a superpower
Reply 50
Original post by saviecooperr
i think henry vii economy essay, perhaps religious change mid tudor/latter henry viii. i’m thinking extract could be fp related or religious opposition under elizabeth

oh thank you sm!! that makes a lot of sense
Reply 51
idk anything on scoeity honeslty screaminggg. i need to look at postwar west germany they havent asked much about that tbh. what do you think will come up mainly x im putting bets on nazi economy and the most effective leader in frg/ west germany
Original post by ruby333
hi

my revision is mainly focused on the later stuff like adenauer and the chancellors 63-89 bc the 2022 paper had the earlier stuff on. have you revised much on society? xx
my class has our suspicions on mid tudor extract and an elizabethan gov question
Original post by bunting0
I also do Tsarist and communist Russia. I've been doing practice essays and extract questions but am still struggling with content compared with paper 2 which I find much easier. Does anyone have any revision strategies that have been working for them?

I use the blurting method - use a whiteboard to write down what you know about different sections e.g., reforms/opposition, and in a different colour add the information you forgot from your notes and then repeat until you remember! this is good for last minute cramming (which is what i'm doing eek)
anyone doing option G? challenge and transformation in Britain?
Reply 55
(Original post by fahima123063)does anyone have predictions for the tudors aqa exam?

I think religious change/opposition will be on there as it’s not come up in a few years. economy under henry vii/viii hasn’t or maybe like golden age under elizabeth. i think the extracts might be mid tudor or elizabeth’s fp

I agree with these, maybe mid-tudor FP as the extracts too. and also Elizabeths later years and whether they were an unmitigated disaster
Reply 56
I'm doing 2N too! do you have any predictions yourself?
and also 2N Revolution and dictatorship: Russia, 1917–1953
Reply 57
Original post by starsnberries
my class has our suspicions on mid tudor extract and an elizabethan gov question

Elizabeth gov would be good, something like was she controlled by her ministers or parliament but not sure if they've already done that.

What sort of stuff could you put for Henry VII economy essay??? Yeah they're pretty good predictions, they are defo due to ask a mid tudor crisis one which does not include the rebellions (e.g. whether or not there was a crisis / social/ economic instability from Henry's debasement of the coinage through to Mary I). I actually think there has been an extract q on religious opposition under Elizabeth - it was something about the religious settlement and the extracts were saying whether or not people conformed (e.g. Northern Rebellion was evidence of some historian saying they didn't!)
Original post by meganp3648
Elizabeth gov would be good, something like was she controlled by her ministers or parliament but not sure if they've already done that.

One of the essay Q's last year was like 'ministers decided policy and not the monarch' for Henry VIII so not sure whether they would basically repeat that under a different monarch idk haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending