The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (7042/1A to 1L) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganp3648
I agree with these, maybe mid-tudor FP as the extracts too. and also Elizabeths later years and whether they were an unmitigated disaster

What do you think you would out for that? I'd probably reference the power imbalance in court between Robert Cecil and Essex which led to his rebellion in 1601 but thats all I can think haha.
Reply 61
Hey! Anyone have any predictions for what the extract/essay questions might revolve around for AQA component 1D (Stuart Britain)? Hope everyone does well, I'm sh!tting bricks. Way too much to remember :frown:
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Hlfluysdykx
What do you think you would out for that? I'd probably reference the power imbalance in court between Robert Cecil and Essex which led to his rebellion in 1601 but thats all I can think haha.

i would talk about elizabeth’s use of royal prerogative e.g in parliament, cecil’s dominance in the PC, essex rebellion/ increase in factionalism/lack of control over government in 1590s, perhaps talk about local government e.g role of jps in poor law/ control over ireland
i’m thinking the extract for tudors will be henry’s fp or a society one because they’ve done a mid tudor crisis one already
Reply 64
Original post by vale_2
idk anything on scoeity honeslty screaminggg. i need to look at postwar west germany they havent asked much about that tbh. what do you think will come up mainly x im putting bets on nazi economy and the most effective leader in frg/ west germany

definitely the later stuff like chancellors 63-89, nazi economy, how well democracy was established 49 onwards, maybe extracts on nazi society. i looked on the spec for advanced info they got for last years exam and all the later stuff is missing. the list includes all the weimar republic stuff and bismarck and wilhelm II. tbh they don’t really put nazi questions on that often but they could ask one on nazi opposition bc they haven’t asked that before xx hopefully society questions won’t come up as they put one on last year 🤞🏼xx
Original post by saviecooperr
i’m thinking the extract for tudors will be henry’s fp or a society one because they’ve done a mid tudor crisis one already

What could they actually say for society though because there's not much is there?? Yeah fp is a shout I've never seen foreign policy on an extract question before
Reply 66
Anyone that is doing the British Empire for paper. What do you think the extract question is going to be on? And what do you think the essays are going to be on. I’m hoping that they don’t ask on anything related the early period for India.
Reply 67
Oh ok, maybe not then haha
One of the essay Q's last year was like 'ministers decided policy and not the monarch' for Henry VIII so not sure whether they would basically repeat that under a different monarch idk haha

yh I'd talk about the decline in the political environment like the factional rivalries and essex rebellion. you can also evaluate the state of the society and economy by the end or the issue of succession. you'd probably argue that the political enviornment can be considered as a disaster but other aspects such as the situation with religion was not. i think i'd struggle with the question haha
Original post by izzyisnotokay
Heya! Is anyone doing Tudors 1C? If so, what are your predictions for the exam???? I'm so worried for it

my predictions are mid tudor extract, henry vii foreign policy maybe, henry viii religion and elizabethan gov, but i have no idea :")
Reply 69
Hi, what was the Stalin and Khrushchev one about please? - any details on the others would be appreciated too.
Original post by 18b
interpretation on soviet economy. essays : emancipation + society, opposition under nicholas, stalin and khrushchev
Reply 70
Original post by coffeelover101
anybody doing Stuarts have any predictions??

My teacher said it’s gonna be on the second civil war
Original post by starsnberries
my predictions are mid tudor extract, henry vii foreign policy maybe, henry viii religion and elizabethan gov, but i have no idea :")

yh i think it will be henry vii foreign policy because it’s only come up once. like how successful?. elizabeth gov might be assess whether it was weak or something. or perhaps a succession question
Reply 72
Original post by NathOlaj
Anyone that is doing the British Empire for paper. What do you think the extract question is going to be on? And what do you think the essays are going to be on. I’m hoping that they don’t ask on anything related the early period for India.

Hi,I’m doing British empire as well.I feel like the extract is going to be British attitudes to empire .hopefully there’s no trade and commerce .what do you think for the essays ?
Reply 73
Original post by 15hh
Hi,I’m doing British empire as well.I feel like the extract is going to be British attitudes to empire .hopefully there’s no trade and commerce .what do you think for the essays ?

I don't think it will be trade and commerce since that the source for last year. For the essays, I think they will ask a trade and commerce question for the c1857-c1890 period, then something on colonial policy for the c1890-1914 period.
Reply 74
Original post by NathOlaj
I don't think it will be trade and commerce since that the source for last year. For the essays, I think they will ask a trade and commerce question for the c1857-c1890 period, then something on colonial policy for the c1890-1914 period.

Yeah I feel like the extract will be 1890-1914 and I hope the essays will be on scramble of Africa and decolonisation
Reply 75
Original post by 15hh
Yeah I feel like the extract will be 1890-1914 and I hope the essays will be on scramble of Africa and decolonisation

It won't be from the time period since they used that for the extract last year, but if the essay questions are on scramble for Africa and decolonisation, it would be very happy
Original post by 15hh

Just to check for British empire all the topics are guaranteed to come up? I've only really revised 1857-1890 and 1890-1914, am I doomed lmao???
this is a thread for everyone exam is on 24th May
Also if you check my profile I have created a thread for British empire, feel free to look there
Reply 79
Original post by RealisticWater71
Just to check for British empire all the topics are guaranteed to come up? I've only really revised 1857-1890 and 1890-1914, am I doomed lmao???

You are pretty much guaranteed to get one question from each of the time periods.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending