The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 1 (7042/1A to 1L) - 24 May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi,does anyone have any predictions for the extract .is it likely it will be 1890-1914 considering last year was on the same time frame
Reply 81
Original post by 15hh
Hi,does anyone have any predictions for the extract .is it likely it will be 1890-1914 considering last year was on the same time frame

Hi, I think it's very unlikely that we will get an extract from 1890-1914. I think the extract will be from 1914-1947
The extract last year was trade and commerce, probably will not come up again
Also where do people get information? The textbook is lacking for this subject, any youtubers/discord etc.. Or anki decks
Original post by 15hh

Also how would you structure a trade and commerce essay, eg. TWE did the Empire economically benefit Britain 1947-1967?
Like Imports/exports/investment? Or what would your three paragraphs be...
Original post by NathOlaj
Hi, I think it's very unlikely that we will get an extract from 1890-1914. I think the extract will be from 1914-1947

Also how would you structure a trade and commerce essay, eg. TWE did the Empire economically benefit Britain 1947-1967?

Like Imports/exports/investment? Or what would your three paragraphs be...
@Pwca please make this an official thread so it gets more traction thanks
Original post by NathOlaj
Anyone that is doing the British Empire for paper. What do you think the extract question is going to be on? And what do you think the essays are going to be on. I’m hoping that they don’t ask on anything related the early period for India.

i made a thread for british empire check my profile
@Pwca i made a thread for british emprie pls make it official
Reply 90
I think they might to something on purges or Khrushchev. I think they might to impact of WW1 and bolshevik takeover as well, not sure about the rest

Original post by mollyg01
Anyone doing Tsarist and Communist Russia? Any predictions?
Reply 91
Original post by ruby333
definitely the later stuff like chancellors 63-89, nazi economy, how well democracy was established 49 onwards, maybe extracts on nazi society. i looked on the spec for advanced info they got for last years exam and all the later stuff is missing. the list includes all the weimar republic stuff and bismarck and wilhelm II. tbh they don’t really put nazi questions on that often but they could ask one on nazi opposition bc they haven’t asked that before xx hopefully society questions won’t come up as they put one on last year 🤞🏼xx

Sorry but do you mean that weimar republic, bismark and wilhelm II was missing from the spec last year? or it defo came up you mean.
thank uuu sm for the predictions xx very useful x I have a feeling theyll defo add either bismarck or wilhelm II years as they add bismarck/ wilhelm II years in every year so we can't disregard them. revision for history is looking so longgg :O society omg i hate society because its so generic and you'll need to know speciric details and statsistics to how people's living standards improved
Reply 92
Anyone doing Cold War,do you have any predictions
Reply 93
Original post by To__j
I think they might to something on purges or Khrushchev. I think they might to impact of WW1 and bolshevik takeover as well, not sure about the rest

Was just thinking this myself too! Pretty sure they’ve never done any essay q on Feb/ Oct Revolution, so I’m thinking maybe to what extent was Nicholas II to blame or how important was Lenin’s role.
Feeling purges would be extract q as it’s been asked 2x for essays
Reply 94
Have you found anything so far??
Original post by 15hh
How are you revising for it .do you have any predictions for the essays?
Reply 95
What topic are you doing??

Original post by 15hh
Reply 96
24th may 2023 paper
Original post by Emaan786
What topic are you doing??

This thread is for British Empire AQA
Reply 98
Original post by mollyg01
Was just thinking this myself too! Pretty sure they’ve never done any essay q on Feb/ Oct Revolution, so I’m thinking maybe to what extent was Nicholas II to blame or how important was Lenin’s role.
Feeling purges would be extract q as it’s been asked 2x for essays

My teacher reckons that it’ll be a Khrushchev source because it’s only ever come up once as a source and since they e used cultural already as a source and the economy has been a source for the last 2 years I think it’s probably going to be political authority or opposition
Reply 99
Any predictions for Britain's challenge and transformation or Cold War?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending