The Student Room Group

OCR A- Level Biology 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dyingggg
Do we have to know how inspiration and expiration happen in bony fish using the operculum and the buccal cavity? that thing is so confusing :frown:

no only inhalation and expiration in humans, the bucal cavity being lowered is too do with gas exchange i think please someone correct me if im wrong
Reply 61
Original post by siahateskwl
I have the primrose kitten predicted papers if you would like can you please message me since it won't let me link here as the file is too big,

Hi I have managed to link the papers on google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nJ2lH6I2QMhacCOLERm-Yu8z4ZEdIRw6?usp=share_link please let me know if it works or not!!1

also Clare biology!!!! has predictions listed on her community page on her YouTube

oh u lovely soul yep they do work thank u so much <3
Reply 62
Oh right thanks for your reply, so would you say we have to memorise the thing with buccal cavity being lowered then the water flows in and then the gills because of pressure difference?
Original post by emilia 1234
no only inhalation and expiration in humans, the bucal cavity being lowered is too do with gas exchange i think please someone correct me if im wrong
Original post by dyingggg
Oh right thanks for your reply, so would you say we have to memorise the thing with buccal cavity being lowered then the water flows in and then the gills because of pressure difference?

yes memorise it, basically as water enters the mouth of the fish there is an increase in volume hence the bucal cavity is lowered (there is less pressure now inside) at the same time the oppercular valve is closed. the gills expand. floor of bucal cavity moves up, increasing pressure there so water moves from bucal cavity over gills.
I hope fish doesn’t come up
Original post by Neymarswho1730
I hope fish doesn’t come up

feel like it will be module 2 and 5 heavy
Reply 66
Original post by username5631166
Does anyone have the as papers for 2022?. I have the a level papers for 2022 if anyone wants to trade

Hey, would really appreciate if you could send paper 3 of the 2020 paper for a level !
Reply 67
amazing thank you so much!!
yes memorise it, basically as water enters the mouth of the fish there is an increase in volume hence the bucal cavity is lowered (there is less pressure now inside) at the same time the oppercular valve is closed. the gills expand. floor of bucal cavity moves up, increasing pressure there so water moves from bucal cavity over gills.
would photosynthesis come up
Reply 69
There is a chance as it's in module 5.
would photosynthesis come up
Reply 70
how did people find it
Am i the only one on the edge of killing myself coz of it??
Original post by luwatunji
how did people find it

Not good wby?
how did people find it

found it very mehhh
I'll need to do very good on the second paper to make up for it
I ****ed up on it
Original post by Green._.Tea.
found it very mehhh
I'll need to do very good on the second paper to make up for it

Same
Reply 76
I thought the paper was solid, the multiple choice questions were excellent, identifying the presynaptic neuron and kidney was also nice. Both the 6 markers were good too. Was it the aorta and pulmonary vein on the left side? Last few pages were a bit dodgy for me, clearly I don’t know plants.
Reply 77
Yeah, p vein and aorta on the left

Original post by D.Darkrai
I thought the paper was solid, the multiple choice questions were excellent, identifying the presynaptic neuron and kidney was also nice. Both the 6 markers were good too. Was it the aorta and pulmonary vein on the left side? Last few pages were a bit dodgy for me, clearly I don’t know plants.
Reply 78
how did people find it

pretty good tbh, i think people need to just realise how low the grade boundaries usually are, and even if you didn’t fully get the question, you could get a least 1 mark for even writing something
What even was that graph question : (
Had to redo the question like 3 times.

AAAAHHH THAT WAS HORRIBLE
MODULE 6 gets worse. HOW!!!???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending