The Student Room Group

OCR A- Level Biology 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D.Darkrai
I thought the paper was solid, the multiple choice questions were excellent, identifying the presynaptic neuron and kidney was also nice. Both the 6 markers were good too. Was it the aorta and pulmonary vein on the left side? Last few pages were a bit dodgy for me, clearly I don’t know plants.

Basically same
Reply 81
Yo how did u man find the exam? i thought it was bad after i left but looking back it wasn't that deep tbh. the multiple choice was BEAUTIFUL imo. The pregnancy question, or specifically the cardiac output question, caught me off guard a fair bit, but that was only one part. comparing the patients A and B wasn't that difficult tbf. then there's the kidney question which besides the blurry a** picture of a bowmans capsule (i think) and the question on salts it was nothing major. the heart questions were great and so where the ecto/endotherm questions. the graph was a bit of a L cus i only clocked how to do it when i had like 5 minutes left but odds are i got marks for axis and labelling. all in all it was turbulent at first but it was pretty good overall. how did the rest of u find it? id like to know other peoples views on the paper and maybe see what others put down for certain questions
Reply 82
Original post by ._.imaybehappy
What even was that graph question : (
Had to redo the question like 3 times.

AAAAHHH THAT WAS HORRIBLE
MODULE 6 gets worse. HOW!!!???

Facts. idek what was going on with that graph. every other paper gives us a normal graph and this nonsense pulls up when we do it
Reply 83
Original post by D.Darkrai
I thought the paper was solid, the multiple choice questions were excellent, identifying the presynaptic neuron and kidney was also nice. Both the 6 markers were good too. Was it the aorta and pulmonary vein on the left side? Last few pages were a bit dodgy for me, clearly I don’t know plants.

i got aorta & pulmonary vein as well
does anyone have the mark schemes for paper 2 and 3 2022
Original post by OCRs biggest opp
does anyone have the mark schemes for paper 2 and 3 2022

Ask your teachers, they have access to the 2022 papers :smile:
How is everyone feeling for paper 2?
Reply 87
guys yk the case-studies for population and sustainability; will we actually be asked specific questions on them or are they just used as examples?
Reply 88
guys, does anyone know if there will really be a main focus on module 2 in paper 2 questions?
Original post by Neymarswho1730

Absolutely awful lol
Reply 90
not great icl

Reply 91
How did we find paper 2
Only question I’m confused on is that frog 10 chromosomes 2 marker.
Original post by Cjjjjj
How did we find paper 2

It was a much nicer paper than I expected
Original post by Cjjjjj
How did we find paper 2

Same, can someone explain it real quick
Reply 94
Same, can someone explain it real quickly

I Js looked it up. Gotta do (2^(10x2)) cuz there were 10 chromosomes per gamete but then 2 gametes actually combine to form the full haploid frog.
Original post by Cjjjjj
I Js looked it up. Gotta do (2^(10x2)) cuz there were 10 chromosomes per gamete but then 2 gametes actually combine to form the full haploid frog.

isnt it 2^5 to make 32?
Original post by degreeapprentice
isnt it 2^5 to make 32?

Im such a genius I put 10^2 loll
Reply 97
Same, can someone explain it real quick

10^2 = 1024
Original post by pharmco
10^2

does anyone know what topics come up on paper 3? Like is it the topics that didn’t come up on paper 1 and 2? If so does anyone have a list of topics that came up on 1 and 2 because I genuinely can’t remember :confused:
Does anybody have the 2023 papers, I am in year 13 and would like to revise from them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending