The Student Room Group

Driving through a closed road

I just got insured literally 2 weeks ago, have had my license for abiut a month. Today i took my friend for a drive, we were out for about an hour then i took them home. After i dropped them off i tried to navigate round some tight roads, i accidentally missed the turning and then i found myself lost. I drove round for a little bit and started to see some road closed signs, "road ahead closed". The left of the road was blocked with cones but the right side was open, plus i saw cars parked inside so i thought i could go through. I went through, got to a roundabout and there were some workers standing on the pavement looking at me funny. I turned left at the roundabout and saw more cones but i could leave.

I went home and found out that this road was actually closed and i went through it, and you can be fined for doing this. I had my P plates on and they could see i was very nervous and looked lost. Will i get in trouble?
Unlikely, unless there were cameras.

Most people & bystanders have better things to do than wait on the line for a police operator to respond, just because they saw you take a wrong turn.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Unlikely, unless there were cameras.

Most people & bystanders have better things to do than wait on the line for a police operator to respond, just because they saw you take a wrong turn.

I was going through a housing estate, there would have been loads of home CCTV around. The road was closed but its not like they were doing anything, i think their work had just started and they hadnt actually done anything yet just shut the road. What's going to happen to me
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by wkathryn17
I was going through a housing estate, there would have been loads of home CCTV around. The road was closed but its not like they were doing anything, i think their work had just started and they hadnt actually done anything yet just shut the road. What's going to happen to me

nothing will happen. don't worry.
Very unlikely anything will happen.
Nah prob fine. If I was one of those workers my first thought would be 'Hmm, mibbie we should cone off both lanes to avoid drivers getting confused'.
Reply 6
pray no one snitches

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending