The Student Room Group

Driving - steering control and positioning car

Hi,
I'm learning to drive, how can I tell from inside the car where the car is positioned on the road. Sometimes I keep going too close to the kerb or on the other side of the road. How can I keep the car straight. Thanks.
Original post by hiìiiiiii
Hi,
I'm learning to drive, how can I tell from inside the car where the car is positioned on the road. Sometimes I keep going too close to the kerb or on the other side of the road. How can I keep the car straight. Thanks.

If you glance in your wing mirrors you should be able to see the kerb and centre line road markings which will tell you if you are more towards one than the other.

At a certain point it will just be insitinctual, but until then you can always ask your instructor to let you know if you are drifting a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
If you glance in your wing mirrors you should be able to see the kerb and centre line road markings which will tell you if you are more towards one than the other.

At a certain point it will just be insitinctual, but until then you can always ask your instructor to let you know if you are drifting a bit.

thanks for replying, my instructor does tell me, sometimes he has to take control of the stirring when Im too close to a car
Original post by hiìiiiiii
thanks for replying, my instructor does tell me, sometimes he has to take control of the stirring when Im too close to a car

I suppose you just need to work out if your attention is being drawn elsewhere or whether you're drifting by yourself. You should be able to sort it with practice though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending