The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Foundation tier Maths 2F (1MA1) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Foundation Maths Paper 2 exam go today?

Edexcel GCSE foundation tier Maths 2F (1MA1) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 7th June 2023, am
Length: 1hr 30 mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/mathematics-2015.html
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/gcse-maths/edexcel-paper-2/
https://corbettmaths.com/
https://www.drfrostmaths.com/courses.php?sid=-10
2023 GCSE exam thread directory
Congratulations on finishing your exam
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can anyone create a list of the exam questions, so we can pre mark it?
Reply 2
That was a fairly good paper. Several challenging questions, but overall not bad. Hope everyone did well.
Reply 3
Not as bad as I imagined it would be.

Now my brain is going in circles thinking it put all the wrong answers!
Reply 4
It makes me.think that I've either got them wrong... or paper 3 is going to be absolutely horrific!!
Reply 5
Original post by disney_gary
That was a fairly good paper. Several challenging questions, but overall not bad. Hope everyone did well.

That last question... pretty graph pictures lol
Reply 6
I panicked half way through the paper, over thought some questions. Had enough time at the end thank god to go back and change the stupid mistakes I had made. Bring on paper 3. Can’t make up my mind if it will be like the last two or horrific? No trig questions yet. That has to make an appearance l?
How many marks out of 80 does everyone think they got?
Original post by ContentRegistere

honestly was a really good paper apart from a 4 marker and like two 2 markers so i think mid or high 60s. wbu?
Reply 9

Reply 10
Does anyone know the answer to the questions?

The one that said something along the lines of: Someone drives a set distance for 1 hr 45 mins how far did they travel?
The question about putting packets in boxes?
Reply 11
Yes 98 because it multiply by 1.75
(1 & 3/4 hrs)

From memory it was 150000x1.04 (4%) to the power of 2 and 160000 times 1.015 (1.5%) times 10 to the power of 2. Rachel’s house was just over £4000 higher in value.
Reply 12
The packets in boxes…convert the cm into mm to ensure all measurements are the same.

Then divide the length of the big box by the length of the small packet. Divide the height of the big box by the height of the small packet. Divide the depth of the depth of the big box by the depth of the small packet.

I then multiplied the answers together (volume = l x h x w) which was just over 800 I think? It feels miles off though!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 13
(Original post by ContentRegistere)98 I think

98 I think

yh i got the same answer what about for: Work out the maximum amount of packets that fix in a box
Reply 14
Original post by LJCMATHS
The packets in boxes…convert the cm into mm to ensure all measurements are the same.

Then divide the length of the big box by the length of the small packet. Divide the height of the big box by the height of the small packet. Divide the depth of the width of the big box by the depth of the small packet.

I then multiplied the answers together (volume = l x h x w) which was just over 800 I think? It feels miles off though!!

Yh i wrote the answer to that on my wrist and i got 864 but i also thought i was too far off
Reply 15
Just answered ⬆️
Reply 16
864! Yes! That’s what I put 😅
Reply 17
864! Yes! That’s what I put 😅

yesss that's should be right, I did remember doing all the correct working out for the question. I did check and some people did get the same answer as me. What about the Seats in Cinema C question. I put 540
Reply 18
I added the 2 existing numbers together from a&b, , got to 1100 (?) somehow 😂then divided by 3, and yes, it was either 540 or 580, something like that! 👍
Reply 19
I added the 2 existing numbers together from a&b, , got to 1100 (?) somehow 😂then divided by 3, and yes, it was either 540 or 580, something like that! 👍

Yeah i had some time left at the end so i did trial and error which took em about 5 mins and i did check it with the number given in the question and it worked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending