The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anyone got any predictions on la casa de bernarda alba and el laberinto del fauno?
Reply 21
im doing laberinto and cronica, im so stressed coz i have sociology on the same day and I'm only gonna have 4 days to revise for both. spanish p2 is the worst thing ever
Reply 22
Original post by daisyaw
anyone got any predictions on la casa de bernarda alba and el laberinto del fauno?

I posted some stuff earlier for la Casa
Reply 23
how is everyone revising for this? just learning quotes orrr
Reply 24
i think represion came up last year, and so did Pepe
Original post by ALMO42
My teacher came up with some predictions for La Casa but honestly I feel like with Paper 2 its so incredibly hit or miss with what comes up - she said that anything on Adela specifically as character or linking it to la represión is something relevant that's never come up, also relations between the sisters or with Bernarda as a mother, jealously perhaps, even the male characters
Reply 25
Original post by jaybr
im doing laberinto and cronica, im so stressed coz i have sociology on the same day and I'm only gonna have 4 days to revise for both. spanish p2 is the worst thing ever

predictions for the crónica questions? i’m also doing the same
Reply 26
Original post by user927401
i think represion came up last year, and so did Pepe

Last year it was 'el tema del miedo en la obra' and 'el conflicto entre la sociedad y las necesidades de los individuos'
Reply 27
Original post by user927401
how is everyone revising for this? just learning quotes orrr

Mind maps maybe? Idek know what imma do haha
Reply 28
If anyone's got any good resources for LDF or La Casa pls do share! I'll upload anything I make that's worthwile
Anyone Volver and Requiem por un Campesino Español?
Reply 30
Original post by EconApplicant167

im doing volver - what are your predictions?
Original post by sebmilm123
im doing volver - what are your predictions?

Not a clue haven’t started revising it yet am tomorrow after my exam. Have u?
Reply 32
Also for LDF, I'm pretty sure the theme of obedience has never explicitly come up in any A Level papers, only in AS, so it's quite a nice possibility

Nothing on Doctor Ferreiro too
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 33
Not a clue haven’t started revising it yet am tomorrow after my exam. Have u?

not really will start soon, i’m not sure what will come up - last year it was “agustina role in the film” and “new beginnings” - do you have snap so we can talk about it ?
Reply 34
does anyone have any useful essay phrases?
Reply 35
Original post by daisyaw
does anyone have any useful essay phrases?

- Lo primero que hace falta decir es que…
- Es cierto/vergonzoso que… (and subjunctive)
- Me parece lógico que… (+ why the author or writer did this)
- Por lo tanto / Adicionalmente / Además / A lo largo
- If phrases (“Si no hubiera…”)
- Pensando que…
- En segundo lugar / En tercer lugar
- Al fin y al cabo
- Si se sopresen los pros y los contras
- Si se sopresen los pros y los contras

*sopesan
Reply 37

omg thank god someone else is doing requiem - I have no clue what they might ask though
Reply 38
predictions for the crónica questions? i’m also doing the same

hi Im doing crónica and i was just looking through past papers and the revision guide where it lists themes and I’ve been doing some analysis kinda lmao but I think something to do with the Arab community in Colombia or the role of men and women in society or something to do with the legal system or something since they haven’t come up at all. In terms of character essays I think maybe a Plácida Linero essay (there might not be enough to write about) could come up or Los hermanos Vicario since they haven’t come up at all for essay questions and there hasn’t been an essay asking for analysis of a character since 2021. But these are just my thoughts and it may not end up being accurate, I’m just using predictions to see which ones I could potentially make essay plans for. Best of luck to you in your exam :smile:
Reply 39
anyone else here doing a level Spanish as a bilingual person/ from a Spanish speaking country?

Latest

Trending

Trending