The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fabiiL
So if its something about how the people en el campo treat death vs people en la ciudad, id structure it like this:

intro (introduce the characters, almodovar, and how the characters behave differently to death depending on where they originate- campo o la ciudad)

para 1: Campo : talk about how they mourn people, use mama irene as an example, how they are superticious about ghosts, how quick to doubt raimunda was when sole told her sister that her mum was still alive, how sole in the first couple of scenes of interacting with her mum was in disbelief that her mum was still alive
para 2: ciudad: How they dont believe in ghosts (how people were able to process irene as alive, also how raimundas daughter quickly saw how Irene was alive and didnt think she was a ghost), how quickly they move on from death (pedro's death and how no one really cared about his dissapearance)

*para 3: since this is such a two sided question, i dont think there is a need for a paragraph 3. but you could talk about how characters change their mind about their opinions midway. people who are in both el campo y la ciudad, you could mention characters like raimunda, sole and agustina.

conc: sum everything up
-------------------------------
With this structure i managed to get an A. Just remember to have a strong counter point if possible (by that i mean if the question is a "how far do you agree" question) and READ/INTERPRET THE QUESTION WELL!!! I lost the chances of getting an A* because of this.

I also made a drive with all the questions ive written for volver y como agua para chocolate, feel free to check it out! :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uihVq0FBBq4ReNQWMhrEMxA2obtlMnHc?usp=sharing

thank you so much for your drive! if you're gonna discuss it on snap count me in!
Original post by user927401
anyone do maria llena eres de gracia?

I do maria and cronica!!
Original post by jaybr
im doing laberinto and cronica, im so stressed coz i have sociology on the same day and I'm only gonna have 4 days to revise for both. spanish p2 is the worst thing ever

omg I do cronica and maria and I also have sociology the same day 😭 its stressing me out
Reply 63
Original post by f.i.z.z.e.r
thank you so much for your drive! if you're gonna discuss it on snap count me in!

Sure its Lolac0la :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by lotasauruses
omg I do cronica and maria and I also have sociology the same day 😭 its stressing me out

same i do Crónica ! what are your predictions
Reply 65
Original post by jaybr
im doing laberinto and cronica, im so stressed coz i have sociology on the same day and I'm only gonna have 4 days to revise for both. spanish p2 is the worst thing ever

same i have sociology on the same day which is stressing me out bcs paper 2 didn’t go so well but writing is only worth 20% so i’m not gonna worry too much about spanish 😭
Reply 66
Original post by ALMO42
Also for LDF, I'm pretty sure the theme of obedience has never explicitly come up in any A Level papers, only in AS, so it's quite a nice possibility

Nothing on Doctor Ferreiro too

how would you structure or what points would you use if doctor ferreiro comes up? i’m worried there wouldn’t be much to write since he isn’t a main character
Reply 67
Original post by mollyg01
same!! Going to have 4 days to revise como agua and laberinto. Like you said it’s worth the least and you’re only meant to write 300 words so it shouldn’t be a disaster. Plus 1 hour per essay is insane so there’s not too much stress

but theres always so much more to write plus the give u so muchh space
Original post by liz <3
same i have sociology on the same day which is stressing me out bcs paper 2 didn’t go so well but writing is only worth 20% so i’m not gonna worry too much about spanish 😭

Sociology paper 2 was awful so im using paper 3 as my redemption paper lol, I'm so grateful paper 2 is only 20% it makes me less stressed 😭
Reply 69
do u have any good notes u dont mind sharing mine are so bad😭
Original post by lotasauruses
I do maria and cronica!!
Question: do you have to use quotes to back up your ideas everytime? I always struggle with the accuracy of the quotes, and they are quite hard to remember.
Original post by dancingcabbage52
Question: do you have to use quotes to back up your ideas everytime? I always struggle with the accuracy of the quotes, and they are quite hard to remember.

no the examiners reports explicitly state quotes r not needed and also says to never quote in quotation marks if u arent actually sure its correct, just get the gist of it and you can paraphrase
does anyone know if the boundaries this year can be higher than 2019? seeing as 2022 was so much lower than 2019's
Reply 73
Hi everyone, I am doing El Laberinto del Fauno and Como Agua Para Chocolate for paper 2. I am feeling ok on the content that could come up for Como agua, and have a vague idea of some possible questions, yet im struggling to think of what questions could come up for Laberinto. Any help?!
Reply 74
Original post by livvy1708
Hi everyone, I am doing El Laberinto del Fauno and Como Agua Para Chocolate for paper 2. I am feeling ok on the content that could come up for Como agua, and have a vague idea of some possible questions, yet im struggling to think of what questions could come up for Laberinto. Any help?!

What do you think it's gonna come up for Como agua
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 75
Original post by ALMO42
Also for LDF, I'm pretty sure the theme of obedience has never explicitly come up in any A Level papers, only in AS, so it's quite a nice possibility

Nothing on Doctor Ferreiro too

I feel like death or repressed femininity could come up as a theme for LDF and for Como Agua probs Rosaura or Tradition.. I js dk how I can write 2 essays in time 😭😭
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 76
I think for Como Agua it will be a question based more on the women , for example Rosaura and possibly her differences from Tita, or the Mexican familiy traditions that are evident throughout the book. I feel like I am leaning my revision more towards these things, and also the kitchen?
Original post by bismaa01
What do you think it's gonna come up for Como agua
I think for Como Agua it will be a question based more on the women , for example Rosaura and possibly her differences from Tita, or the Mexican familiy traditions that are evident throughout the book. I feel like I am leaning my revision more towards these things, and also the kitchen?

omg i pray its like to what extent can como agua be considered a feminist novel OMG
Reply 78
Same! You could talk about so much with Gertrudis and even Tita at points, yet could argue the opposite with Rosaura and Mama Elena's obsession with tradition and sticking to the rules. If you look back at past paper questions, there actually hasn't been a 'feminist' question or even a question solely about the women at all, apart from that dreadful Luz de Amanecer question from 2020
Original post by rostom1680
omg i pray its like to what extent can como agua be considered a feminist novel OMG
Same! You could talk about so much with Gertrudis and even Tita at points, yet could argue the opposite with Rosaura and Mama Elena's obsession with tradition and sticking to the rules. If you look back at past paper questions, there actually hasn't been a 'feminist' question or even a question solely about the women at all, apart from that dreadful Luz de Amanecer question from 2020

a really good point is that both rosaura and mama elena, who both perpetuate the oppressive tradition, arent able to breastfeed their baby, whereas tita can which is magical realism used by esquivel to criticise rosaura and mama elena and suggest that they arent true mothers
also, the kitchen has stereotypically come to symbolise feminine marginalisation and the fact that tita uses the kitchen to her advantage to transmit her feelings through food and gradually becomes more independent until she liberates herself shows empowerment of women and esquivel's criticism of the mexican gender inequality, not just tita but also the power of food cooked by the different women in general

Latest

Trending

Trending