The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by livvy1708
I think for Como Agua it will be a question based more on the women , for example Rosaura and possibly her differences from Tita, or the Mexican familiy traditions that are evident throughout the book. I feel like I am leaning my revision more towards these things, and also the kitchen?

Hm I’m not so sure because last year’s question was “Gertrudis is the only sister who truly liberates herself” (along those lines) so they’ve already asked that sort of question. It’s not impossible tho obviously.

The last time Mamá Elena came up was 2018 so I think another question on her is possible.
Also they’ve never asked about La Revolución Mexicana so that’s defo a possibility.

If I’m not wrong there tends to be 1 question about a character and 1 question about a theme
Reply 81
anyone know the grade boundaries for 2019?
Reply 82
Original post by FelicityL
anyone know the grade boundaries for 2019?

for paper two, 2019 it was something like this:

A* = 67
A = 60
B = 48
C = 37
D = 28
E = 17

that theoretically means the 2023 ones will probably be the same or slightly lower than those - what book/film are you doing?
Reply 83
thank youuu, do you know the overall boundaries? and I do laberinto del fauno and la casa de bernarda. feeling kind of confident, just depends on the question I guess. wby?
Original post by sebmilm123
for paper two, 2019 it was something like this:

A* = 67
A = 60
B = 48
C = 37
D = 28
E = 17

that theoretically means the 2023 ones will probably be the same or slightly lower than those - what book/film are you doing?
Reply 84
Oh I didn't know about that for last years! As ive just been looking at AQA website I don't think the 2022 papers are on there so that's really helpful thank you :smile: Yes Mama Elena is a possibility I agree, and la revolucion seems to be quite plausible too- but thanks for letting me know!
Original post by mollyg01
Hm I’m not so sure because last year’s question was “Gertrudis is the only sister who truly liberates herself” (along those lines) so they’ve already asked that sort of question. It’s not impossible tho obviously.

The last time Mamá Elena came up was 2018 so I think another question on her is possible.
Also they’ve never asked about La Revolución Mexicana so that’s defo a possibility.

If I’m not wrong there tends to be 1 question about a character and 1 question about a theme
Oh I didn't know about that for last years! As ive just been looking at AQA website I don't think the 2022 papers are on there so that's really helpful thank you :smile: Yes Mama Elena is a possibility I agree, and la revolucion seems to be quite plausible too- but thanks for letting me know!

guys if u want to check the boundaries, bare in mind they scale up paper 1 and 3
multiply your estimation of ur mark for paper 1 and 3 by 2 and then whatevers left subtracted from 340 is what u need for an A* at most this year
Reply 86

No worries! We did it for a mock. The other question was on the theme of magic realism so I’m gonna skip that for revision
Reply 87
Original post by rostom1680
guys if u want to check the boundaries, bare in mind they scale up paper 1 and 3
multiply your estimation of ur mark for paper 1 and 3 by 2 and then whatevers left subtracted from 340 is what u need for an A* at most this year

are you just guessing this is what the grade boundary would be? didn't they say around 2019 but if anything a bit lower
Original post by qwasdj
are you just guessing this is what the grade boundary would be? didn't they say around 2019 but if anything a bit lower

2019 was 338/400 for an A*. 2022 was 327 for an A*. So 340 is pretty much the highest they could go as the boundaries are supposed to be 2019 standard with a little bit of leniency.

400 being paper 1 x 2 and paper 3 x 2 and then paper 2 remains at 80 marks
Reply 89
Original post by FelicityL
thank youuu, do you know the overall boundaries? and I do laberinto del fauno and la casa de bernarda. feeling kind of confident, just depends on the question I guess. wby?

what do you think will come up for casa?
hi im doing laberinto del fauno and como agua para chocolate, any guesses for the essay questions or themes?
Reply 91
has anyone got character quotes and themes for casa de bernarda alba? please😭😭😭
Reply 92
EL LABERINTO DEL FAUNO PAST QUESTIONS :

2018 : Ofelia y Mercedes // Régimen de terror
2019 : Comportamiento de Carmen hacia Vidal y Ofelia // director intenta recordar los héroes olvidados

ANYONE KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS CAME FOR ELDF IN 2020 and 2022?
Reply 93
Does anyone know if they can use a topic in past November Series exams in the A Level? For example, el bien y el mal came up in November 2021 exam, could it still come up in this years exam?
Original post by Bobita600
EL LABERINTO DEL FAUNO PAST QUESTIONS :

2018 : Ofelia y Mercedes // Régimen de terror
2019 : Comportamiento de Carmen hacia Vidal y Ofelia // director intenta recordar los héroes olvidados

ANYONE KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS CAME FOR ELDF IN 2020 and 2022?

2020- Analyse the symbols that reflect Vidal's character, OR 'Ofelia, Mercedes and Carmen represent three very different types of women', do you agree? Justify your view
2022- 'The film presents el mundo subterráneo as a part of Ofelia's imagination', To what extent do you agree? OR 'Vidal is a cruel man obsessed with demonstrating his authority to hide his true feelings', to what extent do you agree?
Reply 95
Original post by languagestudent0
2020- Analyse the symbols that reflect Vidal's character, OR 'Ofelia, Mercedes and Carmen represent three very different types of women', do you agree? Justify your view
2022- 'The film presents el mundo subterráneo as a part of Ofelia's imagination', To what extent do you agree? OR 'Vidal is a cruel man obsessed with demonstrating his authority to hide his true feelings', to what extent do you agree?

Aren’t the 2020 questions you gave from the November exams rather than the June exams?

Thanks for the others btw <333 !!! LMK if you want access to more exampro questions cuz my teacher gave me access to some
Reply 96
a theme i’ve noticed for eldf is at least one of the questions is always about a character so could i get away with just going over the characters bcs i don’t have much time bcs of sociology 😭
Original post by Bobita600
Aren’t the 2020 questions you gave from the November exams rather than the June exams?

Thanks for the others btw <333 !!! LMK if you want access to more exampro questions cuz my teacher gave me access to some

there were no exams in June 2020 because of covid, therefore no past papers
and yeah that would be great :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by languagestudent0
there were no exams in June 2020 because of covid, therefore no past papers
and yeah that would be great :smile:

Omggg !!! That’s make sense !! And I’ll DM them to you
Reply 99
Original post by user927401
has anyone got character quotes and themes for casa de bernarda alba? please😭😭😭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9utH9t0ill0

Latest