The Student Room Group

hello

Ever since I was young i have always been interested in crime and law and things like that and i would love to be a lawyer however im not sure what a levels to pick the options at the sixth form i am hoping to study are: business, economics, english lang, english lit, french, classical civilisation, modern history, law, politics, media studies. philosophy and ethics, psychology and sociology, business as well as criminology t level applied. Also should i do 4 a levels or 3 ? I have been thinking about english language and maybe french but im not certain or know what else to definitely choose. any ideas? thankyou.
Original post by lilyhundre
Ever since I was young i have always been interested in crime and law and things like that and i would love to be a lawyer however im not sure what a levels to pick the options at the sixth form i am hoping to study are: business, economics, english lang, english lit, french, classical civilisation, modern history, law, politics, media studies. philosophy and ethics, psychology and sociology, business as well as criminology t level applied. Also should i do 4 a levels or 3 ? I have been thinking about english language and maybe french but im not certain or know what else to definitely choose. any ideas? thankyou.

hi, if you want to study law then its good to look at preferred subject at the university you want to go to (for law)

https://www.thelawyerportal.com/blog/what-a-levels-to-take-if-you-want-to-study-law/ - this is a news article which talk about general preferred subjects for law.

Generally history, politics, economics, english or a language are good for law. you should choose based on what you're interested in and my advice would be not to pick 3 essay based subjects because that would be really intense for sixthform. Also, you could pick 4 subjects and then drop one in year 13. That would give you flexibility if there is a subject you dont like.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions!

Quick Reply

Latest