The Student Room Group

is it possible to get a magic circle trainee lawyer contract without a law degree?

< also will go to a RG uni with sought out graduates and doing a stem degree mixed with finance.
(edited 1 year ago)
forgot to add, if anyone can bump this, has experience of this, or can guide me in the right direction of this being possible, i'll appreciate it immensely and will include you in my grad speech, lol.
Assuming you mean doing a non law degree first and then converting at postgraduate, yes, it's very possible. About half of new trainees and pupils do non law degrees first.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
Assuming you mean doing a non law degree first and then converting at postgraduate, yes, it's very possible. About half of new trainees and pupils do non law degrees first.

have you heard of it being possible to apply to a magic circle/us law firm as a trainee without the PGDL yet undertaken, but them paying for you to complete it?
Original post by orangejuze
have you heard of it being possible to apply to a magic circle/us law firm as a trainee without the PGDL yet undertaken, but them paying for you to complete it?

Yes. It actually happened to a good friend of mine with Linklaters. He ended up doing the GDL and not going on to do the LPC because his career took him in a different direction, but the offer was there pre GDL.
It is very very common. It is worth doing a google search of trainee solicitor and then name of the firm and then "linkedin" and you will see where that firm's trainees went to university and their subjects.

See also websites ilke https://www.slaughterandmay.com/careers/trainee-solicitors/apply/the-route-to-qualification/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending