The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Chem Paper 2 Advanced Organic and Physical Chemistry [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatonechemist
If it is primary it would go to a carboxylic acid which has 2O, it was secondary so it went to a ketone with 1 0, it isnt an aldehyde because it said it dorsnt oxidise further so it must have been secondary alcohol and chloroalkane.

i swear the second formula it gave had 2 O's so it couldve been a carboxylic acid?
Reply 401
Original post by ProXMist71
From an alcohol, 2PI3

I put pi3 but pmt notes says p and i2 as well as pi3 do u think they would both be allowed??
From an alcohol, 2PI3

for the marks you had to say iodine in red phosphorous it came up in previous years and thats the MS
Didn’t the question say give the name or the reagent? So would 2PI3 be wrong??
Didn’t the question say give the name or the reagent? So would 2PI3 be wrong??

Technically you are correct however you are supposed to use red phosphorus and I2 to form the PI3 probably bc its rlly unstable or smth so you cant use it directly
guys do u have any tips to memorise transition metal colours and reactions?
Reply 406
Original post by pasankalla
guys do u have any tips to memorise transition metal colours and reactions?

Honestly, I just kept writing the equations down, with their colours, multiple times a day until it stuck with me. Keep doing it. Sadly i think that's the only way in transition metals
Original post by cyanide05
yeah i multiplied it by 28 and got 38.4% i don’t know though

the thing you titrated was the ammonia (or something, the point was that there was 1 mole of N in whatever was being titrated) so the moles you found were moles of ammonia, and as each N from the molecule forms 1 molecule of ammonia they're equivalent (so you just times by 14 to get the mass of N in the molecule)
at least that's what I'd guess, my memory is pretty patchy.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending