The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 1 (7037/1) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A-level Geography Paper 1 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Geography Paper 1 (7037/1) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 17th May/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Resources
AQA A Level Geography
Well done everyone!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey hope everyone is well how's everyone feeling about geography? Anyone have predictions for hazards 20 marker as I'm thinking the local case study for wildfires.
with there being only a month left til paper 1 what are the best ways to revise and use the past papers and how many times shall I do them and how exactly to predict the 20 marker questions
please give tips thanks or what you're doing at the moment thanks :smile:
hmm don't have any predictions yet what do you think for w+c and coasts I think it may be tectonics/volcanoes but yh i dont know I haven't looked at the pattern of 20 markers yet :smile:
Original post by 16bhatam
Hey hope everyone is well how's everyone feeling about geography? Anyone have predictions for hazards 20 marker as I'm thinking the local case study for wildfires.
1 month is more than enough for good revision . Hopefully you must have completed most of the syllabus, if not then don't stress about it , previous year questions are always at rescue for students , whatever syllabus you have completed with that try to go through the PYQs and try answering them honestly , mark down in a piece of paper whatever topics were your weak points , work hard on them , with the PYQs you can get an estimate of what topics will probably be asked and what topics are important for your paper , rest don't waste time revising things that you already know and work on areas which give you a hard time . Hope this helps! Best of luck!
Just to let you guys know I've merged a few conversations about the same exam. Hope revision is going okay! :biggrin:
my physical geo teacher hasn't been very clear on case studies throughout especially for the hazard topic and so i'm always confused on how many i need or what i even studied in the first place. what ones are everyone else doing for the hazard topic (if you're doing it) because this one has so many :frown:
Are you aqa? I have like 9 case studies for hazards which I think is far too much tbh.
Are you aqa? I have like 9 case studies for hazards which I think is far too much tbh.

Yes I am, why are there so many!!!
Ikr haha its really tough. Have you got any predictions for hazards? I'm thinking the 20 could be on local case study of wildfires which for me is Bel Air. Its only thing to not come up ever so I'd say revise wildfire local study well.
Hi, I am currently struggling with structuring my 20 and 9 mark answers.

So if anyone could send me any example answers (preferably top band answers) , especially from the paper 1 topics of : water + carbon, coasts, and hazards that would be greatly appreciated 🙏pls help a girl out
Original post by Revisemathss
Hi, I am currently struggling with structuring my 20 and 9 mark answers.

So if anyone could send me any example answers (preferably top band answers) , especially from the paper 1 topics of : water + carbon, coasts, and hazards that would be greatly appreciated 🙏pls help a girl out

AQA A-Level Geography Assessment Resources - Then click on the side bar thing, 'Examiner Reports' , they will have examples of low mark answers and top band answers for all the questions for every paper that has been done in the past.
could be local case study at hazardous setting as it hasn't come up either
Original post by Luuuuuuu
could be local case study at hazardous setting as it hasn't come up either

That is what i am hoping for. How have you been revising in general, i feel like im not doing enough yk
Which techniques does everyone use to revise for geography?? I find it very different from my other A Levels (bio and chem)
Original post by dent_applicant
Which techniques does everyone use to revise for geography?? I find it very different from my other A Levels (bio and chem)

I use flashcards to memorise key facts and figures to use in 20 markers + 9 markers. Other than that, I use practice questions. I'm open to any suggestions too though!

What makes you think that?
Original post by kotburgos
What makes you think that?

It's the only thing that hasn't come up before so there's a strong chance it is the 20 marker. I could be wrong tho.
Reply 18

The Alberta case study?
Reply 19
Original post by Poppyyyy
The Alberta case study?

Different schools have different places for me the local case study is Bel-Air Wildfires.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending