The Student Room Group

How do I deal with it?

I have come to terms with the fact that I am ugly and that I don't have a boyfriend. No one looks at me, I'm cute the way I am, short and petite. I'm 20 years old and I've had enough of analyzing why I can't find someone because every medicine finds someone, it's not that those I don't want approach me, they don't approach me at all. I'm not looking for a handsome man, but that he is somewhat physically attractive to me, a normal person, that he talks normally and that he is somewhat similar to me. I don't have today's look, I'm not hot and that's why I'm invisible. I admire girls who, after breaking up a relationship, get into another after a short time, and I can't find 1 person for myself. I don't go out at all because I have no company at all, and there is absolutely nothing in my place where he lives. I'm an introvert, but then again, even quiet girls find someone. For example, when I'm somewhere and I see a couple kissing, hugging, etc., I want to cry and a feeling of sadness overwhelms me because I've never felt that. I'm too lonely and my only entertainment is my cell phone, TV, possibly walking with the dog and listening to music...
What are your interests? What sort of things do you like doing that will motivate you to get out of the house?

Basically, I'm suggesting you try and find some hobbies... try joining an evening class or a weekend activity group or something (now the weather's getting better, there's normally quite a lot of stuff you can do outdoors)... such as camping, hiking, some kind of sports activity etc. If that's not your thing, how about volunteering in some way? There are charity shops or other organisations that are always looking for new people.

The reasons joining clubs and societies are a popular suggestion on these boards are:-

1) The nature of the club / society will give you something naturally in common with everyone there; therefore a greater chance of mutual compatibility and forming a genuine connection (well compared to meeting someone down the bar).

2) Depending on the type of the club, there's a GOOD CHANCE that everyone will have to interact with each-other there at some point(s); so it gives those who can't rely on their looks to get noticed a much better chance of getting their foot in the door and allowing their personality / character to shine through.

I admit, I can't guarantee that you'll meet Prince Charming, but at the very least it'll help with the lonely aspect. Even if there's no one actually at the club, if you put the word around that you're "on the lookout", you never know, someone there may know a person that you might get along with.

Have a think about things that may interest you, and at least give that a try.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending