The Student Room Group

Bad exam day

I need tips on how to deal with a bad exam specially after you have worked so hard for it scored perfect grades in mocks, slept well.
But at the end the exam was easy but I dint get to finish it and realised that I have so many mistakes. so if you have any tips to avoid this in the future or how to deal with it after it happens please share them.
Reply 1
What I did when this happened to me was made a list of all the places I felt like I went wrong or could've done better and ranked them on a scale of 1-10 based on how badly I think I'd answered the questions or how many marks I thought I'd lost because of them. Then see how much that may affect your grade based on previous grade boundaries and set a goal for the next exam in that subject.

But overall, there is no use in worrying over a past exam, even if it was the real thing because you're just going to make yourself feel worse without any way to go back and fix it. You should focus on making sure you take care of yourself and do well in the rest of your exams. I'm writing it here like it's easy, but it's not. In truth, I'm trying to do the same thing right now so I understand how it feels, but there really is nothing we can do now but excel in every other exam. I hope you feel less anxious about it and good luck with your A levels.
Reply 2
Original post by sosa156
I need tips on how to deal with a bad exam specially after you have worked so hard for it scored perfect grades in mocks, slept well.
But at the end the exam was easy but I dint get to finish it and realised that I have so many mistakes. so if you have any tips to avoid this in the future or how to deal with it after it happens please share them.

Heya!
Dealing with a disappointing exam outcome can be disheartening, especially after putting in dedicated effort and achieving excellent grades in practice exams :frown: Remember that one exam does not define your abilities or future success :h: Take time to reflect on the experience, identify areas for improvement, and devise a plan to address them in future exams. Stay motivated, maintain a positive mindset, and use the setback as an opportunity for growth and learning!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study MInd

Quick Reply

Latest